Darkstar726

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

This map is so great, and even greater with fh, but it could be so much better with 2 things.

1. Add 1 or 2 more spawnpoints, so much of the map is not even used. 2. Bocage :) We need the heavy headrow to hide and launch ambushes in :)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Darkstar726This map is so great, and even greater with fh, but it could be so much better with 2 things.

1. Add 1 or 2 more spawnpoints, so much of the map is not even used. 2. Bocage :) We need the heavy headrow to hide and launch ambushes in :)

Couldn't agree more ! 2/3 of the map is not used. All players always fight over the the three bridges in the middle, while there are two other bridges leading into the farmlands, and through it to the back of both sides bases. I think that was put in for CTF or something, as an escape route for a jeep with a flag.

Fact is, if you put a flag where the farm is in the bocagefields the map will have an all new larger battle area, and you will have to fight for 5 bridges. If the map could be adjusted to limited visual range condition hedgerows that would be more like bocage too.

I think more bf1942 maps should get an update, often they are large ( i like that) but only 1/3 is battle area and you won't find many payers outside it. These are's were usually travelled by either skilled snipers ( getting to a good sniping/spotting position unseen ) or lame spawncampers ( on their way to the enemy base unseen )

But these are's unused area's are often geografically interesting enough to put some buildings, fortifications or outposts in, with a flag and fight over.

Raven26

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

This belongs in the suggestion part of fh. But anyway a hedgerow would require the sdk or the mdk what ever its called. Even so if the fh devs could make it the the amount of lag would be unbearble due to the meshes of the trees and what not. I remember playing medal of honor i like how ea did that nomandy map with the hedgerow's so the germans could hide there flak 88 guns and ambush soldiers running down the road.

delta9

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Sounds like a cool idea. Maybe add some more tanks in there aswell.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

More tanks???? If it represents the day after DDay, when the american infantery took that city (I can't remember the name)

But it's not bocage, cuz bocage needs the treewalls in the camps.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

No the Bocage is an area in Northern France where the Allied Forces attempted to break out of Normandy which lasted from June to August. The Bocage theoritacally might or might not take place right after D Day.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Go to the official BF1942 site ( http://bf1942.ea.com ), look at the world map, and the city in the official map is Carentan, near the "Utah" beach.

The attack was did by the 2 batalion of the 506┬║ Reg. (101 Airborne), by the companies F,E (the one of the Band of Brothers),D; and the 327┬║ Reg.

Carentan was attacked the 10th of June.

Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Bocage was the name given to the French country-side that was jam-packed with hedgerows and fertile farming land....

Villers-Bocage is where Micheal Wittmann absolutely RAPED Allies tankers but was force to leave his Tiger due to a 6-pounder hitting it at point-blnak range..Bad day for the Allies..

hatchetman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

11th September 2003

0 Uploads

127 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

I would love to see more of the map used, and the hedgerows are a great idea that EA left out. They could, temporarily, just make walls of passable bushes where hedgerows ought to be. They would resrict visibility and allow for ambushes, whether or not they restrict tank movement (which they did in real life, which was why the hedgerows were such a pain for the allies trying to break out of Normandy).

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Wiking9Bocage was the name given to the French country-side that was jam-packed with hedgerows and fertile farming land....

Villers-Bocage is where Micheal Wittmann absolutely RAPED Allies tankers but was force to leave his Tiger due to a 6-pounder hitting it at point-blnak range..Bad day for the Allies..

I knew, but I was talking about the official DICE map. (that is in Carentan)