ReichwolffTBC

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

1.) The Panzerfaust, range vs accuracy. If I am 20 feet away from a tank, halftrack, truck, whatever. I should not have to go prone or kneel and wait 8 secs for the crosshairs to shrink to hit. This is stupid. If Im shooting from 30 yards, YES but not at extreme close range. If a soldier is brave enough or clever enough to get that close to an enemy AFV then they should be able to hit it. I can't count the times I've fired on a stationary enemy tank from 10 yards away while i'm kneeling or prone and the panzerfaust shell goes wide left or wide right and misses entirely. I understand why the panzerfaust 100 was nerfed but this is way to much. You see soldiers getting right up next to the tank to fire now...this is NOT realistic by any stretch of the imagination since they would die in the explosion being that close.

2.) Battleaxe. WTF happened to this map? One of the best balanced maps in old BF and now it's a joke.

Pilot kits at the German airfield but no planes to use them in. A Single stug? vs a pile of stuarts and crusaders?? You get a towed 88..no help since it's taken out to easily by aircraft or charging armor in the first few minutes of the match. I can't help but feel one the the FH Devs continualy got pwned as the british in battleaxe in vanilla BF and this is their revenge. You want to balance this map for us in the next patch? Because it's worthless to play as the Germans now. The only thing the germans have going for them on this map as it stands is the spitfire crap flight model.

I'm venting. OK now...I won't get into some of the flight models...notice I said some, because for the most part they are well done with a few noted exceptions in other threads.

With the above being said the FH mod is freaking AWESOME. I know it's Beta and I know it's free...outstanding job and WELL WORTH the wait. I'm looking forward to the next few patches because unlike others game devs it seems the FH team at least listen and tackle the issues well. Thanks!! Nothing is perfect I know, but I will say that this FREE mod is better than some "real" games I've paid for.

jmarsh20012001

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

36 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

What I don't understand is why does it take 20 mins for any of the crosshairs to go down to the accurate position, even when you kneel. This is not realism. It should only move when you walk or run. not when standing still. You can't tell me it is because I fire a weapon atleast every other month so..... A Bazooka is just a tube with a rocket, it's point and aim. I mean if it was so hard to use then why is the aimer on the Panzerfaust just a square hole on the pull up sight? Oh and be sure to fix the following things. lol. 1st The mobile 88 (sucks), the 105's in Arnhem (dosn't make sense), the weapons on the rooftop on arhnem (if it's needed that bad better spawn with 1), the 1 exit street on Arnhem to the others, make it 2 (hell they can't get out anyways), you can only fly with the pilot class (I can land all the planes so I don't need a chute and no guns :uhm: ) only friendlys can use their own tanks (they did it with eod and the helis, plus how many Russians can get in a tank and drive and shoot, lol), replace the mobile 50 cal and the stationarys with 30's (the 50 is mainly a vehicle weapon), get the old Garand back (DICE did a bad job), how bout a portable 30 cal with bipod and shoulder stock (instead of the bar all of the time), pak40's that can turn like the 105's, lose the mythic 105 shermans of which this seems to be the only sherman I see and have never heard of it anyways (it killed my King Tiger in 1 shot :micro: , if real life was like FH there would be no problem with the Sherman because they would all have 105's mounted on um) oh and the damn crosshairs. This all needs fixing to make this the best mod out there. Um not that it isn't. Don't forget the crosshairs! :cheers:

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Sherman 105's are 'real', ie they did exist... Haven't had a chance to play arnhem yet, but on other maps sherman 105s arent all that common. Plus they have a disadvantage in that you have to use them like artillery (more like better armoured priests than tanks), quite hard to just run and gun like you can in normal shermans. And finally they're just as lacking in the armour stakes as normal shermans so if you're a decent enough tanker you shouldn't have too much bother in taking them out. Harry

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
replace the mobile 50 cal and the stationarys with 30's (the 50 is mainly a vehicle weapon),

Um excuse me, the 50. cal was a well used mobile weapon, albeit 30. cals were less cumbersome, but the 50.cal could rip through light armor, let alone a human being.

Wehrmacht Rulz

I post to get attention

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

ReichwolffTBC1.) The Panzerfaust, range vs accuracy. If I am 20 feet away from a tank, halftrack, truck, whatever. I should not have to go prone or kneel and wait 8 secs for the crosshairs to shrink to hit. This is stupid. If Im shooting from 30 yards, YES but not at extreme close range. If a soldier is brave enough or clever enough to get that close to an enemy AFV then they should be able to hit it. I can't count the times I've fired on a stationary enemy tank from 10 yards away while i'm kneeling or prone and the panzerfaust shell goes wide left or wide right and misses entirely. I understand why the panzerfaust 100 was nerfed but this is way to much. You see soldiers getting right up next to the tank to fire now...this is NOT realistic by any stretch of the imagination since they would die in the explosion being that close.

2.) Battleaxe. WTF happened to this map? One of the best balanced maps in old BF and now it's a joke.

Pilot kits at the German airfield but no planes to use them in. A Single stug? vs a pile of stuarts and crusaders?? You get a towed 88..no help since it's taken out to easily by aircraft or charging armor in the first few minutes of the match. I can't help but feel one the the FH Devs continualy got pwned as the british in battleaxe in vanilla BF and this is their revenge. You want to balance this map for us in the next patch? Because it's worthless to play as the Germans now. The only thing the germans have going for them on this map as it stands is the spitfire crap flight model.

I'm venting. OK now...I won't get into some of the flight models...notice I said some, because for the most part they are well done with a few noted exceptions in other threads.

With the above being said the FH mod is freaking AWESOME. I know it's Beta and I know it's free...outstanding job and WELL WORTH the wait. I'm looking forward to the next few patches because unlike others game devs it seems the FH team at least listen and tackle the issues well. Thanks!! Nothing is perfect I know, but I will say that this FREE mod is better than some "real" games I've paid for.

I totaly agree with the Crosshair, mostly on Panzerfaust, so stupid that i takes 8 sec to be accurate when not moving and even crouch.. there was many time i was like 4 meter (15feet about) behind a tank and then i waited 4 sec, not the complet 8 sec about to make the crosshair perfect and i still missed the tank that was just in my face and not moving... so pissing off.

Guinny_Ire

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th December 2002

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I'm guessing [I play SP so I haven't even seen FH yet] that the delay is in there, at least for the bazookas, to simulate the time it took load and aim a bazooka. In the war movies, my only reference, you never see someone run and gun with a bazooka the way you see it happen in BF. I actually wish the Bazooka was a pickup pack that once your ran out of shells you reverted to an infantryman and the bazooka would disappear. As far as the rifle, time simulation for taking aim for accuracy? I'm guessing here. Haven't played it yet. Waiting for SP to be reintroduced.

Who_Flung_Poo?

No I don't know who did.

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

5,360 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Yea no SP to practice with really annoyed me. And as for the Inf based AT weapons...I have a new tactic, run up to the tank at point blank jump on top and shoot. I rarley miss now, only 1 of 5 shells misses with this tactic.

Oh and has anyone else noticed that the Piat seems to have a set maximum rage that it CAN NOT go past no matter where you aim?

nolaknf

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

In the midst of a generally excellent mod upgrade, the new panzerfaust is just awful. One of the great features of FH generally is that weapons are lethal, not half-hearted like in vanilla BF. Using the pfaust is like rolling the dice now, even with the crosshairs closed it is still very unpredictable. Did they give on schnapps with each rocket? Please change this back!

Again -- overall the mod is great. Congrats! :bows: :bows:

Negator

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

In my eyes the problem with the panzerfaust is not it's accuracy (all anti tanks guns need some time to aim). The problem is that the rocket goes down very very fast. You have to aim high in the air just to shoot about 20 meters. This is not the way it should be :/

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

The weapons didn't shoot very far in reality, the Panzerfaust 30 required you to be within 15 feet most of the time. Any closer and shrapnel would cut you up, any farther and the projectile would hit the ground.