Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Since I have to wait until i downloaded the new version, I made a few pics about the Me262.

The allies have archived a total air superiority. The situation is crying for some countermeasures, or the B25s will crush any german action with merciless accuracity. Time for me and my Me262 "Schwalbe" interceptor to take off and at least give those armored units a chance to fight the enemy.

Bocage1.jpg

There is is, the first victim of the day. A lonely B25, both nose and backguns are unmanned, so this is an easy target. This poor guy can't even outturn, much less outrun the 262.

Bocage2.jpg

A few shots later, he's going down in flames. No chute... Tough luck, partner.

Bocage3.jpg

There! A P38 is flying low over the advancing armor column while blazing it with it's heavy machineguns. He has seen me and is trying to gain attitude to be able to evade.

Bocage4.jpg

I was too fast for him, he's going down in flames.

Bocage5.jpg

Again a B25. It's trying to enter the combat area from the north, but I spotted him in time. I aproach from below, so his backgunner won't get a shot at me. Damn, I was too fast and nearly crashed into the B25. Even worse, while passing it, the gunner put a few lucky rounds into my fragile airframe.

Bocage6.jpg

I'm nearly out of ammo, so I return to the strip and have a short in-flight rearming.

Bocage7.jpg

After take-off, I notice a Fw190 in pursuit of a P38. I decide that he could need a hand and speed up to engage the 38.

Bocage8.jpg

I easily pass by the 190, but the P38 is a tough bitch.

Bocage9.jpg

Finally he's going down, the Fw190 still at his tail.

Bocage10.jpg

Now P51s are appearing. This is quite dangerous, because the Mustang can easily outturn me, and she's quite fast. I hit her on the first run, but then the pilot executes a series of hard turns, and I have to disengage.

Bocage11.jpg

The second run is more successful, but now I have to be careful not to run directly into the burning wreckage.

Bocage12.jpg

He goes down, and seeing a second Me262, I decide to leave my plane to get into a Bf110. But that's another story....

Bocage13.jpg

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Ahh... very cool...

Seems like it chews up ammp fast.... about how many seconds of firing time does it have?

(and i also wonder why you didnt repair when you landed...)

PS.. in the very first picture, what is that plane in the back of the runway O.o i dont recognise it...

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Looks great, but make it stop, you make us overexcited :P

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

all I can say is: "poor B-25's" :D

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
He goes down, and seeing a second Me262, I decide to leave my plane to get into a Bf110. But that's another story....

For another day? :p

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Originally posted by Neko Reaperman Ahh... very cool... Seems like it chews up ammp fast.... about how many seconds of firing time does it have? (and i also wonder why you didnt repair when you landed...) PS.. in the very first picture, what is that plane in the back of the runway O.o i dont recognise it...

Make that 4 guns with 14.167 r/s and a supply of 360 rounds= firing time of 6.35 seconds. Actually 2 guns only had 80 rounds each, and the other 2 had 100, but for simplicity, they all share 360 rounds.

I didn't really land but rolled fast over the strip, that's why I din't get full ammo.

From the left to right: Me262, Go229 (Horten flying wing), Me262, 2xFw190, Bf110 (bomber ver sion)

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Since most planes will burn up and just crash into the ground, unlike how BF has them blow up in the air most the time, will this give the pilot time to bail out and parachute? If so nobody will ever get any kills from shooting down planes.

RPGreg2600

I shot down MG42Maniac

50 XP

25th October 2002

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Yeah, lucky for you they weren't B-26's or you would've been owned :D

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Originally posted by Maximus Since most planes will burn up and just crash into the ground, unlike how BF has them blow up in the air most the time, will this give the pilot time to bail out and parachute? If so nobody will ever get any kills from shooting down planes.

I honestly dont see a problem with this...

(if you could prevent landing gear from coming down when in flames.... we could have some formal crash landings {skidding, flipping, ect})

Skorz

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Nice pics. :smokin: