zamback

GF makes me horny

50 XP

21st September 2003

0 Uploads

91 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

a tank-based map without planes would be great, something in the fashion of DC's "battle of 73 eastings"

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

Witch Hunter Generalcalling a map the battle of Kursk is so amateurish anyway. There was no fighting in Kursk whatsoever. The city just happened to be in the middle of the salient, and was the point where the germans would link up. They never reached it, not by a long shot. Zitadelle is a far better name.

let's make the battle of Prokhorovka. This is the largest tank battle ever, with around 1500 tanks and assault guns clashing it out at practically point-blank range inside an area a few square miles. This is really the battle that to many seems to refer to as the Battle of Kursk.

Yes, and aircraft of both sides were there but couldn't engage due to chaotic battlesituation of that many tanks and the smoke of burning tanks. Impossible to tell enemy or friendly tank in that mess.

To be historically correct leave out aircraft or make sure they are visually suffiently handicapped ( dense fog ? ) so they play only a small part in the opening of that battle.If there are aircraft in that FH map-to-be FH pilots should be confronted with the same difficulties and not disturb the tank battles, precisely as it happened for real.

Speedy Cerviche

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago

Dunno why no one has mentioned, Abredeen as an example, but that map kicks ass :)

The map is pretty simple though, they just threw about a dozen tanks per side into a hilly desert, but it's damn fun.

I'm sure the FH team can make something more interesting. Please keep the terrain kinda hilly (doesn't have to be moutains, just a lot of low hills and other obstacles for cover, like in 73 eastings) and visibility low though. FH tanks are a lot more accurate at long range than BF ones, so if it's just a flat field it would just be a boring slaughterhouse.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

Please not the BG map, it's boring

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago
cap'n_crunchyeah FH could ask BG if they could use their map. it really is a fun tank battle with plenty of armour.

Yeah, that'll happen. ;)

They're in pretty direct competition: well, BG certainly is in competition with FH, I don't know what the FH team thinks about them.

O' course it'd be nice to see Citadel in FH (everyone says its amazing), but I can understand why BG would want to hang onto their best map.

cap'n_crunch

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

12th April 2003

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago

Acomba MikeYeah, that'll happen. ;)

They're in pretty direct competition: well, BG certainly is in competition with FH, I don't know what the FH team thinks about them.

O' course it'd be nice to see Citadel in FH (everyone says its amazing), but I can understand why BG would want to hang onto their best map.

im a fan of both bg and fh, but im sad to say that bg has lost.but anyways BG cant compete with all the other mods. i know this becouse there are a few servers and none of them are american. only european. still, FH should ask BG if they can use there map.