SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Engineers would be useless to, because You use all your 'Wrench power' on half a Bar of health.

BOXER [CAN]

I'll fuk you up

50 XP

30th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

Yeah, I would really love to see an improved Coral Sea in FH.

Feuerkrieg42

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

can someone help me with the hotfix it wont work

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

I can'T even find a good mirror for it...

alrek

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd June 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

the biggest problem i have with coral sea is that sometimes there is more infantry combat on the carriers then there is action in the air. It is really anoying joining a sever playing coral sea hoping to get some good dogfights, but instead getting sniped all the time by some clown on top of the carrier control tower. Or trying to defend the carrier using the AA guns just to get machineguned in the back.

but hopefully the new pilot class will stop this

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

Coral sea needs two classes, pilot and engineer. Although I don't see why an engineer should not be able to fly as well, just not bail. Even then the people playing the pilot class will bail but not cause as many problems. Battle of Britain desperatly need a pilot class, in fact IMHO the axis should be limited to a pilot class only. It makes me really pissed off to play BoB when half the axis team are on the allied side. Takes all the spirit and atmosphere out of a map that should be 100% airwar like the real BoB was.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

Out of interest, I guess anyone with pilot class will still be able to go and pick up a sniper kit.. or does that then remove the chute capability? - (I hope you can't be a pilot with a sniper rifle and a chute anyway) I think the pilot class will ensure we stop the plane to the other base, chute and sniper-camp mentality. Anyway I think the pilot class will make Coral Sea better (it can't be much worse).

DDD

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

All a new "coral sea" map needs is carriers with their real life AA defences, or a close representation of it. And they must be able to move. A few destroyers, again with real life AA defences should be there too.

If you don't want the ships to meet, there are other ways then not being able to move......shallow stretches between islands for example like in the new phillipines map. And lifeboat s or landingcraft in it too, there are enough swimming pilots to be saved and returned.

Guarding the climbing nets is a lot easier then fighting off parachuting campers on the carrier. But with real life AA defences bailing over a carrier and live should be impossible. Destroyers could rip up campers in landing craft or life boats trying to board the enemy carrier before they get close.

It would be a nice diffcult anti shipping map with aircrraft, without boarding campers......

And remove the rediculous def guns.

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

Thx for the input guys. :} Hopefully the devs will take a good look at this for ideas.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

Yes at first i didn't think this was that good of an idea but now i think they should do this especially on BOB.