CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

Should Torpedo bombers, and bombers in general be apart of the map? Im thinking Torpedo bombers are good, but bombers probly not. But then you run into the problem of the Corsairs having bombs......... Well... maybe the AA can just be really hard to get through, and no one in their right state of mind would try to carrier deck rape... Also if battleships where in, the catapulted aircraft could be used to give the battleships an arti cam. That would make for an interesting dynamic. Just as an added note, I think its probly best to make it where ppl cant pilot the ships at all. This would help with noobs ramming friendly ships, and/or beaching ships.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

In the real carrier battles torpedobombers would come in low while divebombers came in high at the same time. The defending AA and fighters had difficulty dealing with both threats.

At one occasion torpedobombers were send in as a bait by the americans. Jappanese fighters came down to fight them, so divebombers could approach without fighter threat ( it would take minutes for them to regain that altitude ) resulting in the sinking of a jappanese carrier.

Divebombers used kinetic energy of the fall to let the bomb slam right through the armoured flight deck, then by a delayed timer though several deck more to explode deep in the carrier, where gigantic aircraft fuel tanks were, high pressure steam boilers for the ships propulsion or munition storages for the AA defence and aircraft bombs, torpedo's and mg/cannons.

The type aircraft used don't nessesarely have to be Corsairs and SBD. It depends on the year the battle was in, FH has good models for that. A more historical correct order of appearance would be : F4F Wildcat and Devastators, F6F Hellcat and SBD, or Corsair and TBF Avengers.

The corsair should be stripped of bombs if it has a carrier interceptor function. Most operated from land airfields though, since there was a problem with the stiff landinggear.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

A coral Sea with Torp bombers as well as noraml bombers would make it much much more fun.

btw

[COLOR=Red] 900th Post!!!!! [/color]

:Party1: :Party3: :bouncy: :kiss: :barf: :dance: :dance: :rock: :naughty:

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

One thing i think that needs changeing is the death animation of the boats. I want big ass explosions and fires damnit! like codeing it so that large artillery sized explosions go off inside the model, as well as fires and lots of smoke. It should be a hell of a sight to see, not just it slowly sinking into the briney deep, or even worse... dissapearing.

CMSGT Johnson

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago
McGibsOne thing i think that needs changeing is the death animation of the boats. I want big ass explosions and fires damnit! like codeing it so that large artillery sized explosions go off inside the model, as well as fires and lots of smoke. It should be a hell of a sight to see, not just it slowly sinking into the briney deep, or even worse... dissapearing.

Yeah, right now the current animation just plain sucks. I want to see the ships roll, so you have to run across the hull as it sinks. ;) That would look awsome. :stallard:

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

Something other than the "disappearing Bermuda Triangle" ship wrecks are currently being developed. The changes themselves are easy to make but need testing to work within some our lag/fps limitations. I am not in a position to say if this feature is being included in 0.6 but our direction in this area was stimulated by our discussions and progress on a recreation of a certain harbor raid. ;)

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

Perl habour! Perl habour! YAY!

CMSGT Johnson

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago
Dime_a_DozenSomething other than the "disappearing Bermuda Triangle" ship wrecks are currently being developed. The changes themselves are easy to make but need testing to work within some our lag/fps limitations. I am not in a position to say if this feature is being included in 0.6 but our direction in this area was stimulated by our discussions and progress on a recreation of a certain harbor raid. ;)

You guys are so smart. ;) Yall must love showing how good yall really are. :lol: :p I love FH so much... Its like they know what we want! :eek:

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago

Why make a map about a surprise attack where the Americans just got plain slaughtered? Unless you balance it out hugely, it'll be stupid. And if you do, it'll be unrealistic. And what I want to see is a ship seriously exploding on the inside and breaking in half when you score a hit to the ammo storage. :D