-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

You know how you have inserted a pilot option in .6 so when you fly you have a parachute, well that meens (obvouly) that ppl with out that pilot gear has no parachute (which is a good thing, because no n00bs can para in2 enemy based etc...). But what about the junkers and C-47 Douglas Decota? like on teh Operation Market Garden map and the Create 1941 map, if soilders go in the planes they can't parachute out, because they will fall to there death.

Have u considered that? and have u solved the problem? (if so, sorry lol)

Thanks!

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I think they must have thought of that. It would seem an obvious error and you would notice it right away, the first time you test the map. I can´t imagine they overlooked it...

exist

I post to get attention

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

A wild guess but I would reckon that there will be paratrooper kits or more pilot kits close to those planes.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

maps that include supply and/or transport planes will include paratrooper class. this means EVERY class will have a parachute.

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Real paratroopers (as opposed to pilots with delusions of grandeur). Problem solved. Mostly.

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

This is how it works!

on maps such as crete and market garden assault and close quarters class will have parachutes so this means that at the start of the game on maps such as crete the german team will all have to go assualt or close quarters to get in the air.Unless of course the pilot lands the junkers on a flat piece of land :naughty: once the germans get a flag then and only then may anti tank,engineer etc spawn.On market garden i am not sure how this will work out.In fact i'm not sure if market garden has actualy been replaced by arnhem in 0.6.In case you people dont know what im on about in market garden there has to be a paratrooper class coz of the c47.However there must also be a pilot class for the spitfires etc so basically there is 0 stopping people from going a paratrooper and getting in a fighter then when shot down having a full kit instead of the pilots pistol and knife.Any devs wanna explain whats happening? oh and i take it there will be no vid? this doesnt bother me at all

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

on OMG, the brits already control the city, so no paradropping, and there are NO planes.

-Chapman-

FH Rocks!!!

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

well they might have: pilot gear witch u can only fly planes and a Para gear which u CAN'T fly with, but can parachute out of transport plain with...? i dunno, thats just my guess really...

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

on crete, the pilot class is redondent. its isnt needed. the pilot class is for the NON-para drop maps.

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I say make anyone who isn't a Pilot slowly die of lack of oxygen in a plane's cockpit. Like, one piece of health every second is eaten away.

Solved.