Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well, I´m not sure what your experiances are with this map, but as far as I know its very unpopular. 9 out of 10 players find it awfully booring, and I think most people can agree. I just think the map is plane old to big. Because the Axis are forced to attack from sea, you seldomly get a coordinate attack going. Most of the time the Japs will just drip in 1 by 1 and be wasted by the Allies lying around and beeing boored, because they have nthing to do. Most Axis spawn of the carrier, which is then raped by the American destroyer for the rest of the match. I think this map either needs a major rework, or it should be dropped from the FH mod. It might sound a bit hard, since I´m sure there was alot of work invested into it, but this map is simply booring...

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I can live without it :)

nosispower

GF makes me horny

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Definetely agree, incredibly boring. And if Axis ever does get a foothold, it becomes on a race to get the checkpoints. It takes like 3 or 4 minutes to get to the points on those twisty roads by jeep, and about 4 millenia by tank. Definetely either needs serious reworking (the entire layout, not just moving spawnpoint around) or it needs to be dropped.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

The Beauty is never boring, just sit down and see that landscape and my son, the Aleutian Tiger P-40, with a :beer:

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

To me, Adak is just a cat and mouse game. There is no flags taken, but the allies are camped to hell by Zeros and what not on the AF. In the event the Japs take a flag, its a race. You get to the flag and start to retake it at strategically the same time they make another one neutral. That map is about gaining points through flag taking and not about eliminating the enemy. On a side note, a lot of Custom FH maps are just maps where you chase back and forth. 2 off the top of my head are Foy and Crete. Crete not so bad anymore but Foy is constantly like that. Not saying it's not fun as hell though!

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I think that Adak Island actually gave me ball cancer!

I find that 90% of the game is either spent driving/walking from one point to the next and never seeing an enemy. The other 10% is camping on the shore and shooting people coming out of landing craft.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Yeah I raised this issue in .5, but no one cared. Oh well. I still think it's boring. It looks nice, but getting from one point to another is a pain in the ass and the gameplay for the map is really stagnated by the slowness of the battle. Japs should have a land flag and there should be a lot more paths.

Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I reckon all the moaners should go play quakeIII, where they can have constant bunnyhopping action. I love this Map! good viewing distance for sniping, excellent for setting up ambushes for the Japs or the Americans who rush headlong without a thought to try and get a flag back. This map provides VARIETY. Personally I hate all those infantry only maps, like Foy or the Russian ones, no tactics used on these for sure. Its nice that you lot get bored driving across the island (attention span of what?) because then you are not taking notice of whats around you...s******. No one has Korsun on now..sigh. my favourite Edit:- complete off topic Heh you can't say snig.......ger on here. The PC auto sensor blanks it out. It thinks I'm try too say N i g g er . Which in the English language meant a person from the African state of Niger. Sigh what have you Americans done to our language? now it means an insult. guess you ruined the word gay too, which used to means happy and joyous....sigh

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

negro was teh correct one, Nig. is the one that if you are white (me) and say this to a black man you are dead :)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago
Akula971I reckon all the moaners should go play quakeIII, where they can have constant bunnyhopping action. I love this Map! good viewing distance for sniping, excellent for setting up ambushes for the Japs or the Americans who rush headlong without a thought to try and get a flag back. This map provides VARIETY. Personally I hate all those infantry only maps, like Foy or the Russian ones, no tactics used on these for sure. Its nice that you lot get bored driving across the island (attention span of what?) because then you are not taking notice of whats around you...s******.

I agree.....off with the complaning bunnyhopping fraggers to Quake III and UT2k4.....

Those small infantry only maps where no player lives more then 20 seconds unless he is camping is not my favorite either, they are like Quake III levels instead of a serious WWII game....

I'm pretty sure these bunnyhopping kids hate the fact they can't continuously frag something......because otherwise they actually have to think what to do, and something very awefull : use a vehicle to get somewhere....the horror !!!

I'm not saying all maps should be big, but the fact Adak Island and Atlantic get banned on almost all servers is rediculous. I don't like servers that leave out maps at all, FH is about all maps.

Personally i like the big ones more.....vehicles need room to move and deploy tactics.