TigerTeufel

[11PzG]

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

I personally would like to see alot more Eastern Front battles, just because over the course of 4 years so many great battles took place here. Drive on Operation Typhoon, Case Blue, Operation Bagration just to name a few. One map I would LOVE to see is a remake of the Battle on the Vistula in Poland. Let me refresh your memory 6th August 1944 Red army has captured a bridgehead over the Vistula so the Germans attempt to drive them back over, but fail, that is until they call up the King Tigers from the Hermann Goering panzer regiment, the Russians then send up the 34th Guards Heavy Tank regiment equipped with the new JS-1 JS-2 heavy tanks, so u can see where im going with this :thumbsup: Also I think a redesign of Stalingrad would be good to add in some of the most prominent features of the campagin like the Tractor factory for one, and large buildings so we can get some house to house combat. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

ArcherMH

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

38 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Those sound like good ideas, but personally I would prefer Pacific (SE Pacific and SE Asia) and North African maps (I know they're overlooking North Africa for now :( ). I hope the Pacific Shores team has some nice maps for the next release.

I also think Stalingrad needs a major overhaul, and IMO it should be hard for tanks to get anywhere fast so infantry have a large advantage, even if they can't hurt the tank, they can get away from it more often.

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

10th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Hell yes, TigerTeufel, FH should get more Eastern Front battles. Love 'em! Never heard of the Battle on the Vistula, but sounds awfully nice to me :P

Btw: a similar topic about map suggestions keeps the crowd busy at http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=96450

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Yes more Eastern front maps!!! And more Western front, Normandy 1944, so I can own some tommycookers with the Köningstiger :D

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Would love to see a "real" bocage map that actually had bocage.

The one in BF1942 is suprisingly devoid of the legendary hedgerows and large quanities of vegetation.

What ever happened to the map of the Soviet amphibious assault in the Black Sea? Is someone still working on that?

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Fh haS 8 completed eastern front maps, there just not released yet.