Baron_Von_Goofey

all polar bears r left handed

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

its not neccesarily the amount of damage the plane guns do, its how much damage they do to individual places on the targate. a huge majority of the shots will hit the wings not the fusalage. although in rl this should do as much if not more damage, for some reason unknown to me the target plane takes virtually no damage from them. the only place that seems to do any damage worth mentioning is hitting the cockpit and the engine just behind the prop and hitting the top of the tailplant on the stuka. not sure why the last applies though... :confused:

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Mast3rofPuppetsHe's not talking about AA's, he's talking about the machineguns and cannons on airplanes.

IMO the bombers should have a shitload of armor but the fighters have a tad too much.

Next time I will be more clear. Still, armour on fighters should be decreased in that case....

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

I belive this will be fixed in .62

Plane physics and damage have been brought up a few times in the private forums.

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

Ok, thanks for the info McGibs.....

Ivan

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

Argh i hate the AA on Battle of Britain. The AA_Allies is simply too weak, it seems like there's something wrong with how fast the flak explodes. If you shoot at a bomber coming towards you up high, you have no chance of hitting him, because the flak detonates long before it reaches the target. That's just BS. I sat for like 20 mins with my flak hammering on all the passing planes, and i only shot one, which was coming straight towards me...

Btw. the Spit is so damn slow. It cannot even compare to the bombers, which can easily outmaneouver a Spit, and the Messerschmidts are quick and maneouverable :(

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

Well you need to lead the planes somewhat, it takes some time before the round you just shot to get all the way up there. I'd even say the flak is too powerfull and needs to be made less powerful. In the hands of people that know how to use flak you can round up giant amounts of kills really fast.

ReichwolffTBC

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

The AA guns on ALL sides are FINE!! DO NOT CHANGE THEM!

Remember guns on aircraft are only firing one bullet at a time now..regardless of the sounds of the MGs and cannon. I think this was down due to lag issues if I'm remembering right. YES, they ARE to weak...go ahead and let them fire only one at a time just up the damage each bullet does from fighters and bomber gunners and problem is solved.

The Spitfire, Zero Float plane and FW-190 seem, to me anyway, the only flight models that need to be fixed. The Spit and FW should be a lot more agile and the Zero Float plane (off the Yamato) fly way to nimble, that potoon set up should drag her down considerably.

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

You have to remember that upping the damage on aircraft guns ups the damage they do to everything, so increasing bullet damage would cause tanks to start exploding from air .50 cal fire pretty quickly. Lowering fighter armor is dangerous as well, because then you'd get blasted from the splash from one AA shot. It's more complicated than just turning some dial in the code :P

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago
SnorelaxYou have to remember that upping the damage on aircraft guns ups the damage they do to everything, so increasing bullet damage would cause tanks to start exploding from air .50 cal fire pretty quickly. Lowering fighter armor is dangerous as well, because then you'd get blasted from the splash from one AA shot. It's more complicated than just turning some dial in the code :P

Damage is different that armor piercing.

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

Ahh but if it's already piercing, increasing the damage done will increase the amount of damage it deals to the tank once it hits. Any tank that's already immune will be fine, but tanks that are already taking damage from plane MGs will be absolutely incinerated in milliseconds. Unless of course the BF engine requires you to put in like a bajillion damage types in per weapon (to tanks, halftracks, planes, and infantry).