Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago
MG42ManiacYeah, the guns are really weak, I've shot down a fairly large number of planes but thats only cos i've been on their 6 hammering them for like 5 minutes only to have them bail and die because of not chute :/ The only plane which has good guns IMO is the P-40 on El Alamein.

Seriously. I shoot down 3 or 4 planes a game and only get 1 kill because they get in the plane without a pilot kit and have 20minutes after the plane starts burning to jump to their death and deprive me of a kill.

The BEST fighter at the moment is the P-38. The rockets are great against other planes, especially if they pull straight up and attempt to make you stall out. They basically freeze and are real simple targets. The Typhoon also has decent AA rockets (I know they're supposed to be anti tank, but it's hard enough to even hit a tank). I use the Typhoon rockets against the huge transport planes.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']Seriously. I shoot down 3 or 4 planes a game and only get 1 kill because they get in the plane without a pilot kit and have 20minutes after the plane starts burning to jump to their death and deprive me of a kill.

The BEST fighter at the moment is the P-38. The rockets are great against other planes, especially if they pull straight up and attempt to make you stall out. They basically freeze and are real simple targets. The Typhoon also has decent AA rockets (I know they're supposed to be anti tank, but it's hard enough to even hit a tank). I use the Typhoon rockets against the huge transport planes.

Unguided air to ground rockets used as air to air weapons......Stuka ausf G and Sturmovik engaging each other in dogfights because they cannot find/fight groundtargets......so that is what the FH 0.6 flight code led us too.....that is very realistic, such an improvement over FH 0.5 really.... :rolleyes:

Not blaming you Ohioan, i do it myself too with this FUBAR flight code and aircraft.

I hope this gone-wrong experiment with flight code will be reversed soon. Except the parts that were succesfull, as the increased bomber armour and defensive guns, cockpit shake, internal views and sounds....

Some people think that the Corsair and Hellcat have good code, but they are just as useless and ineffective in small/medium maps as the rest of the aircraft.....

We are dealing with a bf1942 engine game here.....there can be no boeing 747 turns, a slow motion throttle and other poor handeling code if aircraft must fight other vehicles efficiently.

THAT is what is really wrong...you can still fight/destroy other vehicles, but not efficiently in a way you help your team's overall efforts in a map much.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']Seriously. I shoot down 3 or 4 planes a game and only get 1 kill because they get in the plane without a pilot kit and have 20minutes after the plane starts burning to jump to their death and deprive me of a kill.

Umm, i've not flown the P-38 yet, but I can see how the rockets would make good AA as I hear they fire almost straight. But the typhoon rockets kinda fuck up and spin around after a fairly short distance. The one map where the 1337 typhoons are one is possibly the worst map for flying due to the darkness and the huge amount of hiding places for tanks, this is mainly because of the insanely close distance you have to relase them in order to kill the tank, which normally means you clip the top of the 300ft trees :uhoh:

Also I think when a plane gets to about say 20% health you should be locked into it so the d00d that put all the effort into shooting you down actually gets a kill :beer:

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

What I wish(like in Warbirds) Is that you can damage pieces of the planes so they're harder to maneuver.You should also have to unroll the canopy to eject,theres too many people killing themselves rather than letting you have the kill.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

BTW, guns that could pierce tank armor, even if it was just a 25mm cannon on a plane would probably chew up the crew and many important parts of the tank, perhaps engines, or ammo.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

Beast of WarWe are dealing with a bf1942 engine game here.....there can be no boeing 747 turns, a slow motion throttle and other poor handeling code if aircraft must fight other vehicles efficiently.

THAT is what is really wrong...you can still fight/destroy other vehicles, but not efficiently in a way you help your team's overall efforts in a map much.

Exaclty! Fix the handling characteristics and give the damage/armor values a blip and everything will be better.

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

Isn't there some way to make the AA guns less effective to planes?Like nades can't damage tanks,so can you use a modified version of that code so when the AA hits a plane it only does like 25% damage?

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago
Froggin_Ashole42Isn't there some way to make the AA guns less effective to planes?Like nades can't damage tanks,so can you use a modified version of that code so when the AA hits a plane it only does like 25% damage?

NO!! Leave the AA alone -- it's fine how it is.

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago

The fighters just need stronger guns. THATS ALL......

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

Part of me likes the new planes. Since they rack up less kills less people want them... means theres often a plane at the airfield for me to take! Makes a change to spawn back at base and see a plane sitting unused.

But yes, I think the fighter vs fighter damage needs upping a tad. Bomber armour and AA is fine. Fighter guns vs soft ground targets could be improved a tad maybe. But I think its better to take a couple strafes to kill an apc, rather than blow up an apc in a split second like it was before.