[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
mondogeneratorThe P47 shake is way over moddeled. The 8 0.50 cals do not produce that sort of vibration even when firing together (IRL they don't all fire together as the inboard and outer guns are on two different triggers on the D-27) and the P47 fully loaded is 20,000 lbs which produces a very stable platform.

It could be worse, you could have a force feedback joystick vibrating out of your hand hehe. Sometimes while playing Combat Flight Sim 3 my Sidewinder Procession Pro 2 Forcefeedback will shake right out of my had if I have the FF effects up to much hehe. I do think the effect is to much though with the lowered gun damage. The 2 together make it take much longer to down a plane. I mean a good 4 to 5 second burst into a plane should smoke it but this is not the case most of the time. I have the hit indicator on most of the time so I can see if I am hitting and I know I have totally rocked guys with 6 or 8 .50 cals without bringing them down. I also hate the fact I hardly get any kills now because guys bail way to fast or at the last second. Half of them don't even have chutes so the end up dying on the ground, I get no kill for that :( . To bad you can't put a good delay on the bailing out to simulate having to open the canopy. Personally I normally stay in the plane and die so I can see who had the skill to shoot me down. I hate bailers hehe.

SgtBigglesworth

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

141 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

I think its an excellent effect - and adds alot of atmosphere to the game, however it does make it alot more difficult to see where you're shooting. I'd like it to be reduced a little.

And has anyone else noticed that fighters take alot more damage now?

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

'[SaSSgtMajor_Rock']It could be worse, you could have a force feedback joystick vibrating out of your hand hehe. Sometimes while playing Combat Flight Sim 3 my Sidewinder Procession Pro 2 Forcefeedback will shake right out of my had if I have the FF effects up to much hehe. [/QUOTE]

I've played some Il2:FB with the FF and its unfreindly lol

[QUOTE='[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock'] I mean a good 4 to 5 second burst into a plane should smoke it but this is not the case most of the time. I have the hit indicator on most of the time so I can see if I am hitting and I know I have totally rocked guys with 6 or 8 .50 cals without bringing them down.

The trouble with the FH P47 is (apart from the shake) is that irl the planes movement and vibration were taken into account and they guns were tailored with convergance so you find with planes like the P47, P51, Spit Mk I, II and V (pre cannon models) there was a convergence zone, shaped like a circle where all the bullets were supposed to be in at the distance predetermined by the pilot. In FH/BF this is unacheivable as there is no bullet spread, they just go straight forward. IRL the rows of 0.50 cals were used as they could literally fire a wall of metal at the target, individually the hitting power of a 0.50 cal vs a plane was limited but with 6 or 8 of them they were devestating at the range the pilot chose to put his convergence at. If the pilot shot before or after they convergence point the bullets were diluted in power and did little damage.

Either way they didn't produce much shake compared with other guns/platforms. Take the Ju87g. With those two cannons you can't fire of more than 1 round per gun without loosing your aim irl.

[SaS]SgtMajor_Rock

[SaS]Drill Sergeant

50 XP

21st January 2004

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago
mondogenerator IRL the rows of 0.50 cals were used as they could literally fire a wall of metal at the target, individually the hitting power of a 0.50 cal vs a plane was limited but with 6 or 8 of them they were devestating at the range the pilot chose to put his convergence at. If the pilot shot before or after they convergence point the bullets were diluted in power and did little damage.

In Combat Flight Sim 3 if you edit the aircraft settings you can change the convirgence zone to what you want. Someone made a nice C++ tool for it also if you don't know how to use a text editor hehe.

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

The shutter effect when aircraft MGs firing often seen in file footage of dog fights or strafing runs is from the wing mounted cameras which can't absorb or compensate for the vibrations. The human body acts as a great vibration buffer and the human eyes generally compensate for tracking.