dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ok I posted this in suggestions some days ago (you can read it Here), it got 3 replies then was forgotten, quite possibly never read by a team member which kinda proves the entire point of the object.

Here it is again and hopefully It will at least get a reply from a dev (and note the entire point of the point is making some1 who would give replies so if u DONT reply, ive gotcha ;) )

I think FH needs a new Team member, his title would be "PR Bloke" or words to that effect.

heres what he would do,

A: Forum relations B: Webwork

A in more details: he would basically act as a link between the private dev forums and hte public ideas forums, his job would be to make sure. 1: any queries the public asked where answered quickly and correctly. 2: Any Ideas the public posted where 1st responded to in a "We acknowledge ur idea and are putting thought into it (as it stands SO MANY ideas never seem to get any dev acknowledgement which is a shame as the public has a lot of good ideas) then 2cndly put into the priv forum where they would be seen by all team members and be discussed at length, the new team member would then have to post any feedback the team made (assuming it wasnt private, and if it WAS private he would say, we have thought bout it and come to a decision but the decision is pvt so feck awf ) back into the thread so that people can see that ideas are beeing listened to, He would also have to do this QUICKLY so that as soon as a new idea comes to light its brought to the devs and as soon as the devs have given a verdict its back 2 the public. Also he could be given some moderator powers B: His jobs here would be news posting and general Site maintanence, his 1st job in this area would be to update the Vehicules/armies/weapons sections, he would also have to make sure that after every weekly update the new stuff was posted up in the relevant area.

Heres the requirements.

for A: 1: he would have to be someone well liked in the comunity so that people got on with him 2: he would have to have a clear head to make sure he wasnt the sort to start flame wars and give the devs a bad name. 3: he would have to know his stuff bout WW2 so that he could answer simple questions autonomusly and not pester the devs with every little query. 4: he would have to have beta access so he could answer questions along hte lines of "is this done" nice and quickly without asking the other devs.

for B: 1: some HTML knowledge (duh) it wouldnt have to be in depth because the FH site, tho good looking, aint that hard to edit. 2: FTP access so they wouldnt have to relly on some1 else to upload all their stuff. 3: again a good WW2 knowledge so they could do news updates e.t.c. without pestering the staff 4: some degree of competancy with imaging so they could juggle all the necesarry images and maybe even create the renders and screenshots of weapons that are posted in news updates and the sections

Why I think this would be a good idea: As it stands A: the sight is RIDICULOUSLY out of date, news is OK but jeez, some of the older sections are damn well neolothic but the more important reason for this post is to give the fans the feedback they need. as it stands the Team members do a good job of keeping us updated e.t.c. and listening to new ideas but they are busy peeps. they dont have time to hold down a job/school/uni AND do all the good stuff they do for FH AND Keep their eyes on the forum making sure EVERY SINGLE new idea is read and put up for discussion (which is what they deserve) AND make sure the forums are modded, u just cant ask all that of one person, so I think this post would be a real boon in enabling the mod to use its comunity to its fullest advantage and make the most of all the good ideas and also to take the workload off the devs.

Notes: a: I DONT WANT THIS POST, for the conspiracy theorists who ma look on this as a "Ooh look another n00b wants access to the priv betas and is trying 2 create a way in". Much as I would love access to the priv betas I wouldnt be able to do this job justice. Having said that there are many MANY people in these forums with high post counts e.t.c. who people like and respect and who know their stuff who could do this job. b: if this post is completely ignored in its rightlful Forum I will Copy and paste it into the general Forum which gets read rather more so that it gets some air time, this is advanced warning so peeps dont complain if I do so :P

Quebec out

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Yeah I agree under the condition that this team member does NOT slack off. Assigning someone to do that is fine, but it's rare when it actually makes a difference. They catch the 'holier then thou' bug and spend all their time playing the RCs instead of answering posts. And there's a lot of stupid people out there who post stupid things repetitively and those things need answered.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

isnt this coolguy's job?

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Actually we do browse these forums. In fact over the past 3 days a couple of threads were posting in our private forum which links back to some threads here and we discuss about it.

We pay attention even though sometimes we don't reply. =)

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

The Jackalx2kActually we do browse these forums. In fact over the past 3 days a couple of threads were posting in our private forum which links back to some threads here and we discuss about it.

We pay attention even though sometimes we don't reply. =)

Maybe a confirmation here and there would be nice to feel it was adressed? Well if you could that would help a lot of us out.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Yeah, a simple reply would be enough to ease a lot of bitching and arguing.

AJll*ll

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th November 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

PR is answering your public in a timely fashion. Not to answer them as I have seen, Makes you look like you dont care. Just some food for thought. A simple thing could be for the moderators to say Passed on to the Devs. If you feel its to stupid or Reptative still say this. Its Important for your Public to know you care.

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

If u read the forums GOOD FOR YOU :D just please post, Just a little "this is being discussed" would be fine, as it stands there are dev posts in about one of every 10 threads, that aint good, just a lil reply will ease a lot of tension

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Alright guys we'll change this problem. Thanks for your input :)

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

26th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Thanks for the reply Jackal, I posted the thread cos I felt, maybe the reason for not many replies was that you where all busy creating this wonderful mod but now it turns out its simply cos u are all the strong silent types thats cool also :D

Good work guys Merry Christmas :D