Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Well two days ago i got to thinking having a type of map were Resistance fighters have to battle germans in an urban setting would be nice. The Resistance fighters would have civilian cars and trucks in which to move around while the germans might have a half track or two. I was thinking that the Resistance could be based on French or Dutch, frankly i would perfer Dutch forces however. These battles could also take place in suburbs or in countrysides.

Here are my ideas for classes i realize that they do not have any machine class akin to the BAR or MG34.

Rifleman Mauser 98k Pistol ( Iam thinking that they should use a captured German pistol but iam aware that the French Resistance liked the Browning Hi-Power) 3 Stiehandgranates 2 molotov cocktails

SMG Class

Sten mk II Pistol 3 Stiehandgranates 2 molotov cocktails

Sapper (I knew this class would be to powerful if he got an SMG so i thought a mauser broomhandle would be nice, give the weapon a 20 round box magazine and it would be a nice self defence weapon.. This guy replaces the engineer I know he has know mines)

mauser broomhandle pistol 3 Stiehandgranates ( I just cant imagine Resistance fighters getting anti tank min) 2 molotov cocktails 4 TNT packs

Scouts (If scouts FH can still call in Artillary in FH than scouts for the Resisance should lose the binoculars)

Mauser 98k scoped mauser broomhandle (instead of pistol) 3 nades

5th class ( I dont have a name for it :()

silenced sten mk II pistol nades 2 molotov cocktails 2 satchel charges that if thrown near a hanomag destory it.

PS Iam aware i didnt mention knives mmmk.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I think your idea is more odd than it is interesting (meaning I don't like it)

the resistance didn't really fight the germans, they bombed stuff and stole from them, but there were no huge battles like the scale battlefield 1942 uses.

However there is one occasion where they did, Paris 1944. That could be a nice map. One side would be the French people and the other side the German army.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

The best way to emulate this would be to have the resistance fighters with no weapons but pistols and expacks, and the germans with there full arsonal... but they couldnt leave the base, but people could get in (with creative mapping it could be done)... and they would have to sneak in the base unseen, and detonate something...

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Haha i like that idea alot. too bad im so lazy and all

Montoya

FH Dev

50 XP

19th June 2003

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

It's a great idea, I've been trying to think of a resistence sabotage map for ages. The only problem is how you balance out the militarily weak resistence force against the_entire_german_army :) What I was thinking of perhaps would be like the BoB map; that the Germans would have spawn points that could be destroyed, forcing them to defend, and play cautiously, and give the French an edge...

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

But you have to encourage people to stay in there base and wait for the enemy to come to them... nowadays people seek out the enemy as they attack.... my idea forces them to remain the there base and guard...

Flokken

The Piat+n02 are my friends ;)

50 XP

1st July 2003

0 Uploads

163 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Lightning your not completely right, I think the "Binnenlandse strijdkrachten" (don't know how you can say this in English) have put op some fight against the germans behind the front lines.Most of these actions took place in late 1944 and 1945. Mostly about securing bridges etc. They used mostly equipment dropped by the english and weapons from the dutch army in 1940. I even have a helmet of it somewhere :-)(Green helmet of the dutch forces in 1940, is painted black). In the biesbosch (a swamp area) there are also rumours about some fighting by the dutch resistance against the germans, that took place there. The dutch soil is very good for infantry fights, since the soil is in many places too soft to carry tanks. This is what I heard....

//I think it would be interesting since their would be a new nation and therefor other landscapes to fight on..... BUT I would let them use german equipment, I would give them british equiment, or if you have much time, dutch equipment. Just my 2 cents ;) The polish uprising in Warschau is a bit more interesting for the most of us I think though....

Montoya

FH Dev

50 XP

19th June 2003

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
Originally posted by Neko Reaperman But you have to encourage people to stay in there base and wait for the enemy to come to them... nowadays people seek out the enemy as they attack.... my idea forces them to remain the there base and guard...

But if you made the ally spawn point un capturable (perhaps maybe give them 2 to add an extra dynamic), and the axis spawns could be damaged by exPacks or grenades; with a largish map, a decent squad of allied troops could sneak up to the base and take out the spawns. As you say though, it would be hard to "force" the axis to stay in their base. Perhaps give them huge respawn times for vehicles, so they don't go nuts with them... *shrug*

Polka Sheep

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I think I would like a map like this. Or maybe even a Soviet Partisan force against the Germans, seems a bit more likely that the Soviet Partisans actually engaged the Germans in combat more than the others, but I could be wrong, because I know of the other Resistance Movements' feats.

Kind of off-topic, but it would be unique to give the Soviet troops in some battles Molotov cocktails instead of grenades. I know they were used a helluvalot on the Eastern Front, especially against tanks.

Alwin

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th July 2003

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Hello Artie Bucco

Your are stealing my idea!:mad:

I make a mod and that is my iedea!, I sorry do not stealing my idea!

My mod is Fight for Victory mod!

More info www.fightforvictory.com

Please stop!:cya:

Alwin