the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

And further if you manage to kill a russian soldier pick up his PPSH and "hose down the hood".

5thSander

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

It was efrective to 200 yes but accurate to 20....

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I finally figured out AT weapons. It's actually quite simple. When you first spawn, select the at weapon, crouch/prone until it's perfectly accurate, then switch to Pistol. Run around with pistol. Find tank, then crouch by tank until pistol is accurate (which takes less then a second) THEN switch to the AT weapon, and it will be perfectly accurate and ready to shoot. It takes some getting used to but it makes the class playable again, at least for me.

Ehhm this was already discussed a couple of days ago, it's a bug/exploit and it will probably be gone in 0.6x

Kakoru

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,050 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

I don't know about you guys but I find it odd that the Axis always loses in Berlin (the normal Berlin)

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

well they are supposed to and today they it when i played it some smart russkie bailed a 100% health IS 2 and thne it was over ... and some guy left a 100% T34/85 on Valiriks and i used it to kill some T34s ...

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
BAMmeuwell they are supposed to...

In history yes, in game this makes no sense.

BTW, I think they should increase the ROF of the M1 carbine.

It fires way too slow.

In DoD I can empty the whole clip in less than 1.5 seconds. Here it barely fires 3 shots a second. It should at least be 5 shots a second.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

It seems to me that the M1 is more powerful now than it used to be. More accurate over range, can kill in one to two hits, etc.

As for the PPSh, I think a large part of this is the map layouts. Pavlov is a terrible terrible map. As is Berlin (the original one -- even with the new flag). These are basically tiny Q3 deathmatch maps. If I want that, i'll go play Quake or COD or something. Honestly, despite its bugs, lousy home base designs, and ugly textures, the most fun I had on an urban map was Wernheim. It was big, it was spread out, it was interesting, and it wasn't just a pressure cooker of frenzied action. You could actually use tactics and move, oh, five feet without getting killed. It had its problems, but THAT's the basic scale and design method I'd like to see in urban maps.

When you're in close quarters, yes, the PPSh will kick your ass. But giving the Germans more advantageous terrain and possibly an LMG (or at least HMG deployable kits) would help immensely to balance things out. you need maps with enough SPACE to do this in, though, and that's a big part of the problem. That's what Wernheim had which pretty much all the other infantry maps lack.

That said, I really really do like Foy. I've found it to be very entertaining and atmospheric. And it requires real thought and strategy. I love playing allied support on that one.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

I agree totally.

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

well, was the ppsh really that accurate at distance, becuase i regularly find myself getting picked off by them on stalingrad *Shoutout to all of those HalfTrack drivers....DROP THE FRICKEN MG, ITS USEFULL!*

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago
AussieZaitsevwell, was the ppsh really that accurate at distance, becuase i regularly find myself getting picked off by them on stalingrad *Shoutout to all of those HalfTrack drivers....DROP THE FRICKEN MG, ITS USEFULL!*

Single shot, yes!

Full auto, definately no!