Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago
EglaerinionEhhm this was already discussed a couple of days ago, it's a bug/exploit and it will probably be gone in 0.6x

It's a thing with BF in general. Not sure if it can be fixed, but if they do, they better fix the horrible aiming problems with AT weapons

Kumihanska-Franz

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

I agree that rifles aren't good enough compared to SMGs. The closing time on rifles should be decreased. SMGs can easily be used while running so it's damn hard to hit with these rifle closing times.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
EglaerinionEhhm this was already discussed a couple of days ago, it's a bug/exploit and it will probably be gone in 0.6x

They're no good without it. You have to be able to shoot within 2 seconds most of the time, and the current non-buggy closing times will prevent that. The AT weapons only do damage half the time anyways...

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

I have played that new Stalingrad map and more other russian maps, and i now know better what is meant by supposed "overpowered" PPSH.

In close range duel ( both shooting ) the PPSH owns for a fact. But in normal combat, it isn't like a russian turns around when already being hit and then kills you. If you are really hitting ( server registered hits ) that russian he will drop from 4 bullits in the torso or 1 bullit in the head. These 4 bullits can be deliverd in less then a second with a MP40 too.

In the original bf1942 retail version, infantry lagged so bad when shooting each other, you could empty entire clips dancing around each other without result. That was fixed for an important part, but never really was completely solved. In laggy situations you will obviously get more hits from a high ROF weapon then from a lower ROF one, since it sprays more bullits around. I think that helps a PPSH also.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

now when the russians finally gets a power full weapon you whine about it .... and whats the matter with Pavlov i have won it and owned alot of pepole with the MP40 its not a problem ... the PPSH should be good ..

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

Pavlov sucks. I've played that map twice now. Germans won one, Russians won one. The problem is not so much the balance, it seems, as much as it is the SPEED of the map. You take two to five minutes to load, and the map's done in UNDER three minutes. Kind of a pointless endeavor to me. I think the real issue is just the size of the map. A map that small is going to end pretty quickly on any server with 32 or more people.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago
Solo4114 A map that small is going to end pretty quickly on any server with 32 or more people.

Well, you should try it once on a 64 playerserver.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

When I played it, we had 46 players and the map lasted less than three minutes both times. Load, spawn, shoot, die, respawn, rinse, repeat about, oh, three more times and that's that.