Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I heard about someone attempting to code an extremely realistic armor system for FH, with piercing over range and more realistic tank battling, although not sure if it's totally true. Any news on this or was this just a rumor?

CluelessFlyboy

GF makes me horny

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

84 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

*Bump* - sounds neat.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Hmm, well I don´t really see much sense in programming such a great system, if it dosn´t change the effects of weapons and armour much. I mean it might be great having calculated the precice effect the 88 mm shell has on the armour of the T-34, but if the result is still the same (1 hit-kill), then why bother...?

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well I'd love it!

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

hmmm would be really interesting to see what he wants to do better - exept of changeing the ids he cant do anything, and they allready use real data

Ivan

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

XWWII has made a system that calculates the exact piercing system. However, there was some troubles with the 1.6 patch i think, so i guess the next version 2.5 will have it reworked and in order.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Master Minderhmmm would be really interesting to see what he wants to do better - exept of changeing the ids he cant do anything, and they allready use real data

I was hoping for more realism in things like a Sherman hitting the front of a tiger. It should do no damage and bounce off, while a side shot to certain parts from a Sherman into a tiger would immediately disable it if it hit the right place, or at least do a lot of damage(not destroy it, IMO destroying tanks should be rare like hitting a sweet spot where the tanks ammo was kept). Also, I heard that someone was coding on things like penetration over distance. Like a firefly can't penetrate the front armor of a tiger from 1000 meters, but under 100 meters it can.

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

no bouncing of or something like that is possible without the source code

bf only calculates angle of hit, how far the shot came from, projectile damage and armour of the enemy tank - thats what we can change and thats what we did ...

bf is no steal beasts @ land or IL2 sturmovik @ air ;)

Andy02m

Holy Crap I just Graduated

50 XP

6th March 2004

0 Uploads

73 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I remember a Dev post mentioning that this couldn't be done unless a SDK kit was released, not sure though Sputty

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I think the system is much better than 0.5, atleast it is possible to kill a Tiger while in a Sherman now.