AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

The Japanese got some hints from the Steyr Solothurn smg as well as to make their own type 100, using them against the chinese as the chinese used them against the Japanese. Later on I would like to see the type 99 rifle...if bolt action due damage based on the caliber in FH. If not, no point then. I can't remember if it was the type 38, or 99 that used chrome plating, which was great for jungle warfare and sustained use. Anyway, I've read some people say that the early war arisaka rifles were some of the best rifles in WWII. BTW...all the pictures I've seen of the type 96 have no muzzle cone...in fact that was a way to distinguish the type 96 from type 99. I remember in .5 the 96 model kept the cone off, why was it added?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

@ frya.

Where? Its at the very back of the gun, you can see it if yoy stop moveing, or goto 3rd person view. Zoom in is a scoped view. japlight.jpg

I think the type 96 is from PS mod, and not the .5 model (hence simmiler skin as ariska) dunno why it has a muzzle cone. I cant find any pictures with one. Maybe they mixed up thier references by accedent.

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

I don't know what I was talking about, when it came to the rifle. According to my sources the FH version is the type 99 rifle..because it is the one that had the AA sights. So cool, it is a good powered rifle. Guess arisaka is just used for both types same gun made basically. As for the type 96 lmg, yeah I don't know why they didn't notice the difference. Oh well, guess how they messed up the "knee mortar" launching from the knee. It isn't a big deal.

PFC. Bryan

Dread thinks I'm a special person

50 XP

31st July 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

I think there should be a type 38 Arisaka for pre 1944 maps. It is basically a Type 99 without the Anti-aircraft sights. I also think that they should add the Type 97 Arisaka sniper rifles to replace the Type 99's. Last but not least I hope the Type 97 hand grenade gets put in to replace the German stick grenade. Anyway, here's a link that will explain everything.

http://oldrifles.com/japanese.htm

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

I don't know if there should be a type 38 in the mod..especially before 1944. For one thing, I know type 99 didn't replace the type 38, but wouldn't the early war armies of Japan have some of the best equipment and training? The type 99 was put into production in 39..I would assume armies such as the 14th (which were given even the latest tanks while still fighting the americans on the phillippines), the 25th and Imperial marines would be given the type 99 because it is a better gun. Now I know both rifles were probably used by those armies, but anyway I just think there is no need for the type 38 rifle.

PFC. Bryan

50 XP

31st July 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

What about the Type 99 LMG? I thought it's a late war weapon that shouldn't be on Makin. Am I correct or am I wrong about this?

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago
nosispowerI do have to admit with the sight and the bayonet, the Arisaka is the coolest looking rifle in the game. Of course, Japanese infantry is still pretty weak because of a lack of decent sidearm. On Wake there's no MP 18 either.

I've gotten 12 Nambu kills to date. The devs fixed the code so pistols actually fire semi-auto now and you aren't limited by 1 shot a second glitchiness. It's not that bad against a rifleman. The MP18 should be a Type100..

Grahf

Please fix knee mortars

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

192 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago
PFC. BryanWhat about the Type 99 LMG? I thought it's a late war weapon that shouldn't be on Makin. Am I correct or am I wrong about this?

Nah, Type 99 LMG wasn't late war. It was introduced in 1939. Type 96 was introduced in 1936. Allied troops in the Pacific encountered both types.

PFC. Bryan

50 XP

31st July 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#29 16 years ago
GrahfNah, Type 99 LMG wasn't late war. It was introduced in 1939. Type 96 was introduced in 1936. Allied troops in the Pacific encountered both types.

Thanks for the info.

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#30 16 years ago

Arisaka owns. I shot 10 people in a period of 1 minute with it, then capped a flag. and almost every single one had a tommy gun.