ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

We are planning supporting also other costumn maps with our later FH versions.

If you want to have FH support for your map (you have to be the creator). Just convert them and send us the support files (init.com, objectspawnscom and so on).

Some hints: -fh ammoboxes are excatly 0.9 values higher then the original ones -change the classes in the init con -some texture sets arent uset yet (maybe you find some you really like) -still some static objects + vehicles arent used (but included in 0.5)

If you can finish the support files within the next 2 H please send them to [email]ArminAce@aol.com[/email] .... and they will have a good chance to make it into the patch for today.

Anyways you can also send us updated files later.

Any more questions ? contact me (icq:82811360) (msn: [email]ArminAce@aol.coml[/email])

Commando7

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th August 2003

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I need the .lst and .cfg to load forgotton hope mod in battlecraft where can i find these files??

N45ty

25, 3 kids,1 wife, no life

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
Commando7I need the .lst and .cfg to load forgotton hope mod in battlecraft where can i find these files??

Do you FH guys not need to create these before n00b mappers like the likes of me can make incredibly poor maps for Forgotten Hope.

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
N45tyDo you FH guys not need to create these before n00b mappers like the likes of me can make incredibly poor maps for Forgotten Hope.

I don't undertsand that sentence. The like the likes of me can is confusing, did you mean "so that mappers like the likes of me"? Anyway not picking on you just didn't know if your statement was negative or positive.

I'm also looking for "good" lst and cfg files for FH to use in BC. I have a set but its missing a lot. Namely, the added kits (AT, Russian sniper, support), gun jeeps, desert recon jeep. Granted it was made by someone unassociated to FH. You said you'd offer us mappers support soooo how about those files. Incidently I'm converting the 4 theaters of war map pack. If its accepted it would be a great addition to a FH update. Unfortunately I'm waiting for the EA patch/map to come out to use their pt boats and Jap equipment for our Rabaul map. Don't know what map pack 'm talking about go here:

http://www.bf1942files.com/file.info?ID=18768

Help us BC users out please.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Just curious: why do you support Giza? It's gotta be one of the most unrealistic maps out there... Zis5 with V1??? Battles near the pyramids??

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Allright.. I could also cope with an object list and stuff.. I'm a pretty creative guy, but kind suck on the coding/scripting jobs..

Either way, I will not seize my work on the map pack I'm creating for FH. I'll just edit for the bf1942 mod, and later on convert it to FH. However, I would like to see some support here still, as it would kinda suck to be making maps for a mod which won't even support them..

no offence intended. I'm really looking forward to the object (templates), hope to receive them soon. Then I can contineu with testing and further creation.

The map pack I'm creating is all about Berlin. N00bish? Maybe. I'll let the results speak for themselves. I'm putting three maps in this pack. I'll explain them, rawly.

- Battle for Berlin day1 On the outskirts of Berlin, where the Germans have dug themselves in big trench systems, covered by Flak88's, and supported by artillery back on the map. A lack of armoured support, but the Panzerfausts and Flak88's should be able to hold them. The invading Russians roll in from their established base on the other side of the map, with everything they got. Huge tank assault covered by the screaming missile rocketing of the Katyusha. I'm adding several "dig in" spots to this map, like secret sniper spots, and covered bunkers.

- Battle for Berlin day2 Once the invasion outside the city was a success, now the Russians await an even greater slaughter. Many machinge gun posts, wrecked buildings, forming chaos, as well as cover and lots of secret (sniper) positions. Overall infantry combat, with house to house fights. Watch out for the (King)Tiger tanks, ambushing the incoming T34's and T34/85's. Medium AT artillery. The Russians will invade from two sides, to avoid the one way traffic battle, and to increase chances of success.

- Battle for Berlin day3 The last resort for the Germans, desperately trying to hold off everyone trying to pass that corner. A small infantry only map, with lots of secret spots, rubble and smoke, machine guns, which will eventually lead to the Reichstag. This is quite a large building, which has an untakable spawn. One last remaining Tiger tank guards the Reichstag with all it's strength. Once destroyed, fierce chamber to chamber battles will occure in the Reichstag. German SS and Russians fighting for each floor and stairs.

Well.. that kinda covers it for now.. hope it sounds interesting enough.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

KingrudolfAllright.. I could also cope with an object list and stuff.. I'm a pretty creative guy, but kind suck on the coding/scripting jobs..

Either way, I will not seize my work on the map pack I'm creating for FH. I'll just edit for the bf1942 mod, and later on convert it to FH. However, I would like to see some support here still, as it would kinda suck to be making maps for a mod which won't even support them..

no offence intended. I'm really looking forward to the object (templates), hope to receive them soon. Then I can contineu with testing and further creation.

The map pack I'm creating is all about Berlin. N00bish? Maybe. I'll let the results speak for themselves. I'm putting three maps in this pack. I'll explain them, rawly.

- Battle for Berlin day1 On the outskirts of Berlin, where the Germans have dug themselves in big trench systems, covered by Flak88's, and supported by artillery back on the map. A lack of armoured support, but the Panzerfausts and Flak88's should be able to hold them. The invading Russians roll in from their established base on the other side of the map, with everything they got. Huge tank assault covered by the screaming missile rocketing of the Katyusha. I'm adding several "dig in" spots to this map, like secret sniper spots, and covered bunkers.

- Battle for Berlin day2 Once the invasion outside the city was a success, now the Russians await an even greater slaughter. Many machinge gun posts, wrecked buildings, forming chaos, as well as cover and lots of secret (sniper) positions. Overall infantry combat, with house to house fights. Watch out for the (King)Tiger tanks, ambushing the incoming T34's and T34/85's. Medium AT artillery. The Russians will invade from two sides, to avoid the one way traffic battle, and to increase chances of success.

- Battle for Berlin day3 The last resort for the Germans, desperately trying to hold off everyone trying to pass that corner. A small infantry only map, with lots of secret spots, rubble and smoke, machine guns, which will eventually lead to the Reichstag. This is quite a large building, which has an untakable spawn. One last remaining Tiger tank guards the Reichstag with all it's strength. Once destroyed, fierce chamber to chamber battles will occure in the Reichstag. German SS and Russians fighting for each floor and stairs.

Well.. that kinda covers it for now.. hope it sounds interesting enough.

Sounds interesting, have you started this at all?

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Guys, this is the easiest thing to do.

What you need to do is make your map for bf in battlecraft. Keep in mind where you want certain vehicles and kits, name them appropriately so you can replace them later.

Then extract our objects.rfa and you'll find every vehicle and kit in those folders. Then extract your maps.rfa and you'll find a folder called conquest, in there is the objectspawnertemplates.con. Open that on wordpad.

Each Object spawner looks like this:

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner lcvpspawner ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 lcvp_omaha ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 none ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 30 ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0 ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 60 ObjectTemplate.Distance 40 ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 10 ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1 ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 2

The lines you need to change are the SetobjectTemplate 2 SetObjectTemplate 1

Team 2 is allied, Team 1 is Axis. Say instead of a PanzerIV for the German as a particular object spawner, you want a panzerii. Change the line objectTemplate.SetObjectTemplate 1 panzerIV to objectTemplate.SetObjectTemplate 1 panzerii

The folders in our objects.rfa for each vehicle are clearly labeled as panzerii, daimler, etc, these are the names you want to replace in your object spawners.con.

Spawning a kit works the very same way. They're just vehicles in the items folder, although the folders are not named right. You have to go inside the objects.con of the kit you want and read what that kit is declared as.

ie for the close quarters kit: ObjectTemplate.create Kit 1German_CloseQuartersMp40

That line is what you're looking for, so in ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 1German_CloseQuartersMP40 is what you would put there.

You also have to convert you init.con but all you have to do is extract our maps and look in init.con to see what is done. I'm not even sure if you can alter kits in battlecraft in the init.con, not sure if it was even thought of by the creators. So you may /have/ to do this manually.

I'm almost positive that in order to use this mod to it's fullest mapping potential you're going to /have/ to ditch battlecraft as the whole process and learn how to manipulate at least a /few/ of the .cons. If you guys need tools go on our main page and you'll find them. Need information go to bf42.com or you can just send me a pm and i'll try to help you out if I have time.

N45ty

25, 3 kids,1 wife, no life

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Battlecraft has a .con editor. Its still dead buggy and has some huge memory leaks but in the next few versions it should become a very powerful tool.

Thanks for the info on the vehicles and kits.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

I can't compile my map with Gmake RFA!!!

Call me a noob, but after serveral hours of trying to figure out why it doesn't work I still have no clue!!! Do you have MSN or somthing so I can contact you?