McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

God daym! Now you can shut the hell up right?

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Rofl...

Too bad no body notices how uber godly rifle grenades are... You can just fire one into a main base, and almost always get kills... and still have a rifle, pistol, and grenades left... Panzerfausts at least have small range, and you only get a rifle.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

maybe we should get 2 rifle nades instead of one

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Killor, I don't think not being able to grab a reload is retarded from a balance perspective, but from a realism perspective I agree with you. The way I see it, though, on this one, balance needs to win out.

I don't mind having them be ONLY reloadable from APCs, because then that'd involve the tactical use of APCs, which I support. I also think you could control this by having a longish reload time, so that it'd be impossible to just spam fausts at people. IF those are the ways they do it, I have no problem with having to haul ass back to your mobile supply vehicle to grab another round and some medical attention. Even if they kept the reload time as it is now, you can control for spammage by killing the APCs (which is tactically a smart move anyway, but is often overlooked). So in that sense, limiting the reloads to APCs only is fine by me. This will make APCs valuable, will make them an integral part of any Axis assault (as they should be), and will make them much higher priority targets than the "armored jeeps with an MG on top" that they currently are used as.

Right now, APCs are an afterthought in the game, but if this change goes through, they'll be essential to a proper assault OR defense, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with only being able to reload at your main base, or only at APCs (or even only at main base and APCs), or having kits scattered around. As long as the spammage factor is SOMEHOW lowered, I'm satisfied. But you have to admit, the old system where you could spam fausts just like grenades was a REAL problem. I don't have as much of a problem with nade spam as I do with faust spam, because nades are much less accurate, and can't damage tanks. That's not to say I LIKE nade spam, just that I view it as comparatively less of a problem than faust spam.

Anyway, overall, even if the reload thing doesn't happen, I don't have a problem with it. I don't think it'll turn off the dedicated AT defenders. It will definitely change the dynamics of a battle between the sides, but that's a good thing. It creates real differences between the armies, but balances out the power. If the APC thing is true, that's even better (assuming it makes it into .6). But with the old system, and especially the plethora of ammo boxes lying around on maps, it was too easy to just spam the faust.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

I personally love apcs now. If the enemy is lacking a tank, they are the most deadly thing on the battlefield. Call em MG trucks.

You drive around until you find a nice little corner or bunch of trees to park in, switch to the mg position, and start picking off infantry. Its basicly a portable bunker, with better mg protection (german ones anyways). The HMGs they drop are also very handy, but can be hard to place in good locations sometimes. Theyr good if your making an assualt and you have lots of supporting infantry with you.

The hand held HMGs on the otherhand are the coolest little bastards in the game, and they really need to be on every map. (its no longer a mine! the guy actually holds the gun!) but they allow for presice deploying (like in city nooks, or in bushes). In one map I hunkered down for a good 15 min in my little bush, picking off poles half way across the map. The HMGs mobility problems are more then made up for by its dead aim accuracy.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

whats the status on redeployable bipods?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Im prety sure its redeployable tripods (hmgs)

The lmgs have a 2-3 second xhair close when prone, so that simmulates dopods fairly well. (gotta sit still for a few seconds before fireing, cant just drop and shoot)

Last beta patch I read in the readme that the HMGs were repickupable (with a wrench) but unfortunatly, the HMG kit doent have a wrench :p I assume it will be added next version so that you can pick up your hmg and stick it somewhere else, istead of just leaving it in a bush.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

thanks for the info !!!!! :-D

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

are the HMG tripod "turnable" like stationary artillery is suppose to be

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

raslinRofl...

Too bad no body notices how uber godly rifle grenades are... You can just fire one into a main base, and almost always get kills... and still have a rifle, pistol, and grenades left... Panzerfausts at least have small range, and you only get a rifle.

Good point. I exploit rifle grenades as much as I can. Their range is HUGE, they're very accurate and when you've fired it you get immediately switched to normal rounds. If you're attacking a flag do it with a rifle grenade and you improve your chances by a great deal