Messina

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Ok guys, how many of you have this card??? or something like it. Well playing FH can be really bad some times. Like on the finnish map where you ride ashore on the wood boats (I wont dare spell it ;) ). Can you tell me your bf1942 graphic tweaks? I just can't find good settings. I am running on a 1.4 Ghz Amd athlon, windows xp home, 512 drr. Ty for help! Also this is a really awsome damn good game!

Ebolinux

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

19th April 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

My system is already seriously tweaked for performance and it gets very choppy wile playing FH. It probably has to do with all the vehicles (WAY to many) and the new models may not be done very well. Also some of the new maps have lots of objects clustered closely. Or else they just haven’t been changed much for performance yet.

You may already know this stuff. But just in case you haven’t, you may want to test/change settings on are your Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, sound, and disable as much stuff that’s running in the background of your computer as you can.

hope that helps

Ebolinux

Messina

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

EbolinuxMy system is already seriously tweaked for performance and it gets very choppy wile playing FH. It probably has to do with all the vehicles (WAY to many) and the new models may not be done very well. Also some of the new maps have lots of objects clustered closely. Or else they just haven’t been changed much for performance yet.

You may already know this stuff. But just in case you haven’t, you may want to test/change settings on are your Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, sound, and disable as much stuff that’s running in the background of your computer as you can.

hope that helps

Ebolinux

yeaaaa, I pretty much tried all those things, im running pretty low sound for FH. I close ALL backround apps. I have no clue how to turn Antialiasing off (I looked in the ATI Control panel, open GL and other tabs. I believe my antisotropic is on (again really know know how to get them off...). Im new to the ATI-Cards I used to have a Geforce 2 Mx 400 :( hehe.

Ebolinux

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

19th April 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Well if you looking for precise things to do to your card I cant help you im afraid. I have a nvidia card.

If you can run a regular bf game with little to no lag and you get lots when playing/running FH it would be safe to assume that it’s the mode and not so much your system.

However if you think that your video settings are set way to hight. You need to messes with them till you can figure out how lower them. or else wait for some one with an ati to post on here some info..

Ebolinux

Messina

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

EbolinuxWell if you looking for precise things to do to your card I cant help you im afraid. I have a nvidia card.

If you can run a regular bf game with little to no lag and you get lots when playing/running FH it would be safe to assume that it’s the mode and not so much your system.

However if you think that your video settings are set way to hight. You need to messes with them till you can figure out how lower them. or else wait for some one with an ati to post on here some info..

Ebolinux

Yea bf1942 runs perfect with my gfx cranked, 1024x768 res, and 80% texture with 100% view distance. I sure hope FH's Dev team will address these lag issues some how. Keep in mind this is not a bitching statement at all guys, so please don't flame me.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

karelia. its not like spelling pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis here.

rIFTEr [HSF]

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Psst. Take a crack and changed your "SOUND CARD" options. Going in the game and editting the Hz and acceleration can do wonders. I get very little FPS droppage in FH and this is using a very, very crappy FX 5200 at max details (800x600 reso thou). Running no acceleration and 22Hz on my sound...

Messina

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
'rIFTEr [HSF']Psst. Take a crack and changed your "SOUND CARD" options. Going in the game and editting the Hz and acceleration can do wonders. I get very little FPS droppage in FH and this is using a very, very crappy FX 5200 at max details (800x600 reso thou). Running no acceleration and 22Hz on my sound...

ty ty ty its great!!!