MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Ok tried downloading the damn thing last night on Bit Torrent. Ran for 5 hours and I think I got about 50 megs downloaded. So gave up on that. Very excited this morning to find that fileplanet had uploaded the passworded version, so got downloading that. Ran for most of the afternoon, got to 7pm and just about to finish, great timing. What does my computer decide to do? at 99%, with 1 second to go, whilst it was transferring the files, it freezes. Cant do anything, so just lost 5 hrs of downloading. So anyway, go back to fileplanet to get the passworded file again. There is now a 2 hour queue before it gets going, but I decide to still give it a try. 2 hours later, finally reach the front of the queue. At this point fileplanet decides to tell me that in fact this file is no longer on their servers and therefore I cannot download it. I can queue for 2 hours for it, but I can't download it. Fantastic. Anyway I am now waiting to get onto fileplanet servers for the non-passworded version, about half an hour left in the queue for each of them (0.6 1 and 2 and 0.61). Gonna be a lloooong nite... Harry

Green_Vietnam

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

210 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Hey men, good luck. I was waiting also 4 hours with the E-donkey and it was only 0.9 procent(wtf) but now i am downloading the 1/2 2/2 programs and its almost done, btw i have the password from the forum so no problems

marquis1

a.k.a. MaRQuiS>[DK]

50 XP

1st February 2004

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Yeah, I wasted 18 hours or so on the torrent, just finding out that some ppl just doesnt care for one and other.. GRR So I had go for the FP file, now @50%, while everyone else is playing ://

Der Kaiser

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Green_Vietnamprocent

Thats percent mate, i assume you translated the German word Prozente :)

Green_Vietnam

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

31st January 2004

0 Uploads

210 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I speak dutch

Der Kaiser

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

43 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Well i was close then :)

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

every time a new internal version came out that wasnt a patch (we had about 5 full installs) i swear to god, SOMETHING would happen to my ftp client on the first download. id get to 98% (like 6 hours of downloading) and id accedentally close it, or my internet would freeze, or the ftp server went down... something always happened.

this happened with prety much every full install -_-.

dont whine about bad luck. when youve spent the last 6 hours downloading, then u accedentally hit x, then spend the next ten min punching the wall, then do it AGAIN with the next internal... only then can u start whineing about bad luck :p

CoG Midgetus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

30+ hours on bittorrent (though some of it was spent seeding) and what do I get? CRC/password error on file 2of2, but, hey, at least I got 1of2. Oh, wait, it freaked out during install cuz it was corrupted and somehow got past the CRC check. (and the bittorrent auto-check) Not only did I waste 30 hours of having the computer unavailable to others, I could have cancelled bittorrent and gotten in front of the line for the fileplanet DL, which is now a 3 hour wait, but I trusted bit-torrents auto check more than fileplanet's auto-corrupt. (for me, it usually takes 3 tries from fileplanet before I get an uncorrupted DL, if I ever do) Is there something wrong with my comp here, or does the internet just hate me?

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I spent 7 hours downloading it over emule and it wans't corrupted at all! Then when I was installing it I left the room for a minute and when I got back it had killed my dog and raped my sister!

Long story short, open port 4662 and then emule will run nice and fast!

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

McGibsevery time a new internal version came out that wasnt a patch (we had about 5 full installs) i swear to god, SOMETHING would happen to my ftp client on the first download. id get to 98% (like 6 hours of downloading) and id accedentally close it, or my internet would freeze, or the ftp server went down... something always happened.

this happened with prety much every full install -_-.

dont whine about bad luck. when youve spent the last 6 hours downloading, then u accedentally hit x, then spend the next ten min punching the wall, then do it AGAIN with the next internal... only then can u start whineing about bad luck :p

Haha well i wasn't whining as such :P just venting my anger lol. Anyway finally got everything this morning and have been playing today, very good first impressions :D