Synnical77

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

In response to the torrent being corrupt, I believe that the odds of that are statisically insignifigant. Open up that rar file again and JUST extract part 2 of 2 (since you've successfully extracted part 1). Make 100% sure that you've entered the password for it AND entered it correctly. What most often happens is that when you extract passworded .rar files that have multiple passworded entries it will just apply the password to the first passworded file. This IDENTICAL thing happened to me as it extracted the 1st file ok but it said there was a password/crc error with the second part. All I did was open winrar, right clicked file 2 of 2, chose PASSWORD, entered the password, and extracted it and it worked fine.

CoG Midgetus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

I tried opening just 2of2 itself, witht he password entered correctly, no luck. And that doesn't change the factt that 1of2 decided mid-install that it was corrupted and could not continue. (at 98% complete, no less) So far I've redownloaded both files twice, no luck. (this is really furstrating. I'm glad I don't pay by bandwitdh used) I'm starting to think there' some virus or faulty piece of hardware involved in this curse, as nobody I know has to deal with as many corrupted downlaods as me. (of course non-downloaded files are always fine) I even tried eliminating every background process not vital to windows and runnign the install from a shortcut (so explorer isnt needed), I still got the damned corruption warning. This was no big deal back when mods were small, but with FH0.6 it's just pissed me off beyond belief. I should have had it installed and runnable at least a day ago by any reasonable standard of assumptions.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

turn off firewall? certain download managers.

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

After spending 24 hours downloading on the torrent i had this one piece that refused to download despite the number of seeds & peers. I managed to extract all but 1of2.exe from it, and i had to download that file from fileplanet and had to wait another 3.5 hours & another 2 episodes of BoB before i could play..

Well worth the effort though! ^_^

CoG Midgetus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

Thie is getting ****ing ridiculous. I can get all the way to 90% installed, and it still dies on me. does fileplanet have a bad copy? All i need is the last 10% of each installer. Is there anywhere I could get just those files. I've downloaded 5GB or more in the last 2 days trying to get a clean isntaller, and nothign works. firewall is off, not using any download managers, hell, i don't have ANYTHING running in the background to mess up the download or the install. I don't think it's a virus or other baddie, as I've run scans using 3 different programs in the last 4 days, and nothign came up.

Conface

I'm Right, You're Wrong

50 XP

9th January 2004

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

I got it on file planet once it first came out. I didnt have to wait at all and the download only took me 4 hours. Also for a fast dl check out www.fileshack.com short waits and just as fast if not faster than fileplanet. You will have to sign up but that isnt a pain in the ass

CoG Midgetus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

it's not the download speed that bugs me (though bittoorent does seem much slower than my friends said it was) it's the fact that there seeoms to be a 75% chance that the file will turn out to be corrupted when it finally finishes. Is there any chance someone could just send me the files I'm missing via email or some other method. I only need the last 10% of each installer, the rest all installed fine. (sounds, textures, standardmesh and the like)

CoG Midgetus

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

tried fileshack after work. 1of2 installed fine. hopefully 2of2 will as well.