Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#121 15 years ago
ted baxtorI'm sure it's been discussed already. Berlin Outskirts is aggravating for the Allies. Once any Allied tank crosses the hill near the German bunkers, German artillery and armor easily destroy them all. I'd suggest moving the hill further towards the Allied side, or getting rid of it alltogether, to give the Allied more room to fire before being spotted by the Germans. As it is now, by the time you cross the hill and target an artillery piece, you've been blown sky high. The Allies can win, but on pub servers getting everyone to coordinate attacks is hard. In the games I've played the Axis annihilates the Allies.

The allies lose because on pub servers Russian tanks go over the hill one by one, so it is no wonder they get picked off by waiting AT guns and Konigs Tiger.

That is not the fault of the map.....

If the casual bunnyhopping player were any smarter, they first use artillery to destroy most of the German AT guns/Konigs Tiger first. Katusha can destroy any of them with only a few rockets, including that Konigs Tiger......it has very weak top armour, and that is where the rockets fall down from.....

When these defenses are down in the time between respawning, and the russian tanks and infantry go over that hill all together at the same time, there is no stopping them.

The map is great......only the players that play it are generally speaking are not, in public servers because they fail to use the tools that are given to them properly.

Now, must a perfect good map be adapted so rambo bunnyhopping players that disregard all tactics and only want to run through levels fragging have fun playing it ? Or does the map remain unchanged so players will learn how to fight in that map ?

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#122 15 years ago

Well I didn't meant to adjust it like that. But I gotta admit that it does need some tweaking, you will rarely see them charging at once on public servers. And I'm pretty sure the majority plays on those servers. Remember that they're all "freelance" players, just like me.

ted baxtor

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#123 15 years ago

I don't intend to start a long-winded debate about "Berlin Outskirts." I do agree with BeastofWar, that with teamwork many of the maps in FH can be looked at as perfectly fine. I'm all for an organized effort when playing. But in reality, on pub servers, that mindset is lacking. Few people work together (people spotting for artillery, people using the artillery spots, infantry and armor attacking in groups). The map could be left alone so rambo-style players will eventually learn tactics and stop their self-centered struggle for a high score, but who wants to wait for those wild freelancers to come to their senses? I totally understand what you're saying, with organized game play the map needs no balancing. But for public play, to make a better gaming experience, the map could use a little modification in favor of the Allies.

TigerTeufel

[11PzG]

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#124 15 years ago

Crete I think to balance out Crete the ticket drain for axis needs to be slowed greatly, also I cant stress enough how important another Ju52 would be. I think a second island at the top of the map should be added with a similar setup to the 1st german HQ. 1 transport plane and 1 other fighter/bomber. Its real difficult for the 7-10 germans jumping to hold the ground when you got 20-30 allies bearing down on you, adding another aircraft would really help.

Bocage What the heck happened to all the german equipment? It looks like their base got raped! If the axis could get some armor and anti-tank guns added in at their main base it would help the spawn-killing from being prevented.

Omaha Beach My one complaint for this map was the terrible allied spawn behind the 2 MG nests on the hill overlooking the left approach(UNcapturable allied flag). Especially since the allied flag is a good 50 meters away from the 2 nests. If nothing else changes PLEASE remove that, thats the most frustrating part of the entire map.

Berlin Outskirts I like this map, its incredibly hard for the allies to win without teamwork, (now they know how we feel playing Crete!) I would for those poor allied players say that the halftracks are useless and they should be replaced by T34s or Bt7s.

Infini7y

+LW[KgG]/|Cross

50 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#125 15 years ago

1. PPsh needs to be nerfed in terms of accuracy or damage. 2. MP40 needs an upgrade in damage. 3. Japanese infantry weapons need serious upgrades. (Ariska = pea shooter, MP18 = semi-auto) 4. In Breaktrhough, Axis needs at least 1 bomber, and change Fw-109s to Me-109s unless we are getting better plane physics in the next version. 5. In Berlin, why are the helmets for Axis white? It's too easy to be spotted by Russians.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#126 15 years ago

Uhm IMO Arisaka is the best bolt action rifle in Fh , the MP40 is like an automatic sniper weapon and PPsh is not accurate except for close ranges.

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#127 15 years ago

The N1K1 on Iwo Jima needs to be modified, it can out fly all the shitty American Planes and its bomb renders the Tank Landing Craft useless as 1 bomb will destroy it. Does it really have to have a bomb???

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#128 15 years ago
D-fenceUhm IMO Arisaka is the best bolt action rifle in Fh , the MP40 is like an automatic sniper weapon and PPsh is not accurate except for close ranges.

yea the Ariska ownzzz ive killed som amny allies with it .. and Berlin Outskirts need some balancing..

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#129 15 years ago

Berlin Outskirts: It's been said but this one could stand a balance pass for the sake of the pub servers. One suggestion I'd offer is that artillery for the Germans NOT respawn when destroyed. I know this was possible in RtR, but I'm not sure if the code is there for BF1942 mods.

Omaha: played it as allies last night and I have to say that it still seems really really spread out. I'd funnel the fighting a bit more. If you do that, more people can actually get OFF the beach in the center. The way the allies won was, yeah, it was a meatgrinder, but enough guys got to the shingle and then got from the shingle to the bunkers that they could get the job done. right now, with everyone so spread out, anyone who DOESN'T spawn in a boat and go to the side is going to get chewed to kibble because you're moving individually.

Bocage: Needs work. always seems to go to the Allies now. No idea why, but it could stand some fixin'. It may be the ultra worthless Stugs on that map. No turret = dead tank/assault gun.

Tobruk: Panzer IIs were outclassed by pretty much everything in 1940. They are at best scout tanks, and more accurately, are armored, treaded cars. Throw in some PIIIs and PIVs instead of the Stugs and PIIs and you've got an interesting map. Same goes for pretty much all Afrika Korps maps.

Pavlov: evenly balanced, but too friggin' tiny. Spread it out some, man. Don't make it so "spawn 'n' die" all the time. I hate that about infantry maps. If I want quake, I'll PLAY quake.

Most maps in the Eastern Front: if BF1942 teaches us anything, it's that Russians never see sunlight and have no green grass. Not EVERY battle on the eastern front had heavy fog and drab brown scenery. Let's have some greens and blues, man! And some SUNLIGHT for a change. That would help a LOT for flying.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#130 15 years ago

[QUOTE=Solo4114]Berlin Outskirts: It's been said but this one could stand a balance pass for the sake of the pub servers. One suggestion I'd offer is that artillery for the Germans NOT respawn when destroyed. I know this was possible in RtR, but I'm not sure if the code is there for BF1942 mods. Bocage: Needs work. always seems to go to the Allies now. No idea why, but it could stand some fixin'. It may be the ultra worthless Stugs on that map. No turret = dead tank/assault gun. [QUOTE] if the 88 dont respawn, then there need to be more 88s to the back.