exdeath

GF makes me horny

50 XP

30th January 2004

0 Uploads

93 Posts

0 Threads

#151 15 years ago

almost all of the time when a close quarters and a support has the same main weapons, these two classes are unbalanced

schnuple

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th February 2004

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#152 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I agree 100% with this post. Gazala is unwinnable by Axis in most cases because the Allied tanks are just so much better. The Stug3b is the only remotely useful unit, besides the Stuka, that the Axis have. Crusaders mercilessly rape any vehicle the axis gets out of their base from long range, and 1 stuka with 1 bomb isn't going to turn the tide of battle. The large bomber has issues. Also, move the AA on Wake away from the beached carrier.

Gazala? - If the axis move fast in the beginning and take the three bases they have options on, then they have 3 armoured spawn points and the allies are hamburger for 500 tickets.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#153 15 years ago

Hell, if the Axis hold the one southern position and the western one, they can hold out for a while. The western base has EXCELLENT defenses, what with the 88s AND smaller flak guns. Personally, I think the ideal mix would be the 88s and the allied AA for defense.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#154 15 years ago

I really hate it when some german SOB grabs the Puma or Jeep in the first 30 seconds of the map and runs like hell to a back flag on Arnhem 1944. This is before the Allied team is fully spawned and is vunerable.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#155 15 years ago
Solo4114Yeah, the raw numbers of 88s and PAKs are fine, but I'd just set their respawn time to basically the rest of the map (figure, 20 minutes ought to be enough). That way, you could have INCREDIBLE defenses, to simulate the serious last-ditch effort that the Germans put up, but because their ability to reinforce is toast, they wouldn't get any real replacements on the guns. The balancing aspect of this design would be: 1.) If the Axis can maintain a tight defense, they can hold off the Russians long enough to get the tickets to even. At that point, Axis AT classes and close quarters kits can pick up the slack. Maybe throw in a few more grabbable STG44 kits for this. 2.) If the Russians attack in a reasonably coordinated fashion -- if they can kill off the guns one by one, they can break through. See the problem that I've found is that all the Axis equipment respawns too quickly. You take out a flak cannon and move on to the next, but by that point, the OTHER one that you just killed is BACK. So, you end up never being able to open up a hole in their defensive line to punch through. At the start of the map, storming the Axis line should be costly and dangerous. But once you take out the front line of anti tank guns, it should be relatively even footing. And taking out the guns should make them go bye-bye PERMANENTLY (more or less). Doing that and setting a similar timer for the King Tiger (which really should be kept in reserve for if the Axis needs to repel a Russian assault that breaks through the first line) would work well. Throwing in maybe a single Jagdpanzer would work too. Essentially, it'd be a mobile 88. Really, the Russian tanks should only be useful for breaking through the first line once the cannons are gone. When you get into the trenches and rear defenses, using a tank should be pretty dangerous, given the panzerfaust issue.

Very good analysis and suggestions. It was never taken into account the faust option that the Axis have creating yet another layer of defense.

JAGUART

Thanks for the ftk

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#156 15 years ago
Beast of WarThe allies lose because on pub servers Russian tanks go over the hill one by one, so it is no wonder they get picked off by waiting AT guns and Konigs Tiger. That is not the fault of the map..... If the casual bunnyhopping player were any smarter, they first use artillery to destroy most of the German AT guns/Konigs Tiger first. Katusha can destroy any of them with only a few rockets, including that Konigs Tiger......it has very weak top armour, and that is where the rockets fall down from..... The map is great......only the players that play it are generally speaking are not, in public servers because they fail to use the tools that are given to them properly. Now, must a perfect good map be adapted so rambo bunnyhopping players that disregard all tactics and only want to run through levels fragging have fun playing it ? Or does the map remain unchanged so players will learn how to fight in that map ?

You know what I really like? I like playing on a German team that uses organization and teamwork to really tear up the Allied assault. So when a well-coordinated attack by the Allies involving all of their tanks cresting the hill at the same time, we can blow each tank sky high. It just makes me smile at those brave and organized bastards getting futiley ripped to shreds. Fortunately the map is unbalanced enough that it takes very little effort or teamwork to defeat a really good Allied team. So if the Axis just use some teamwork they can always win against a superior allied team. I'll take an Mg42 against 5 "really organized and teamwork playing" saps wielding knives anyday.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#157 15 years ago

I think one other thing that would help balance out Berlin Outskirts is: -Remove 1 Axis flag At the moment, the trenchsystem consists 4 or 5 flags. Taking one of them is hard enough for the Allies and taking more is very challenging. I think removing one Axis flag should increase the Allied chances slightly, without making breaching the defences any easier. -I agree that the 88s and Paks need a longer respawn time, but don´t make it to long. 20 min or something similar people suggested is rediculus, especially since those guns die with 1 hit (normally). I suggest a maximum respawn time for the 88s should be 7 min; while the Pak might respawn after 5 min. In a BF game 5 min can be a long time...

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#158 15 years ago

Right. That's why the map needs a balance pass. I think the Germans should have an advantage until their AT guns are dead. I will say that I wish the artillery system was less cumbersome in this game. It really DOES suck.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#159 15 years ago
Dee-JaýI think one other thing that would help balance out Berlin Outskirts is: -Remove 1 Axis flag At the moment, the trenchsystem consists 4 or 5 flags. Taking one of them is hard enough for the Allies and taking more is very challenging. I think removing one Axis flag should increase the Allied chances slightly, without making breaching the defences any easier. -I agree that the 88s and Paks need a longer respawn time, but don´t make it to long. 20 min or something similar people suggested is rediculus, especially since those guns die with 1 hit (normally). I suggest a maximum respawn time for the 88s should be 7 min; while the Pak might respawn after 5 min. In a BF game 5 min can be a long time...

yea 7 min would be great since now itsl iek you destroy one and then it takes 10 sec and it respawns adn then it go on for ever ..

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#160 15 years ago
Dee-JaýI think one other thing that would help balance out Berlin Outskirts is: -Remove 1 Axis flag At the moment, the trenchsystem consists 4 or 5 flags. Taking one of them is hard enough for the Allies and taking more is very challenging. I think removing one Axis flag should increase the Allied chances slightly, without making breaching the defences any easier.

No, don't remove an axis flag. The Allies can win, infact about 50% of the time allies win (atleast on the servers I have been on). Its fine, lieave the flags in their current state.