Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

@Reichwolff: As you say, noone plays this map on publics correctly, but publics are all what matters, teamplay in a clan is a whole other story, so this map needs some minor adjusting...

@Heinrich: I´d rather suggest to strengthen up the eastern axis defense, i see the snowmobiles rushing through in almost every game and capture the flag there, spawning loads of ppshs before the axis soldiers can even react.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago
Heinrich BlotgrasseVarilisk - I haven't played this much since 0.6 but as far as I know it's unchanged. If there has been a change it may be that the Katyusha has bee made more accurate. This may help the Allies somewhat but there also needs to be more T34s and/or field guns situated in the appropraite position for defense. I thought about suggesting an IS-2 in but that would radically overbalance the map in favour of Allies.

Valirisk changed a lot. First of all, AT-Class is more difficult to use. T34/85 seems to be much better than in 0.5. Tiger turretspeed is turned down extremely and don't forget the BT7, wich is really fast. I think Valirisk is finally ballanced now. And again, IS2 saw first service in February 1944.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
FreakNastyValirisk changed a lot. First of all, AT-Class is more difficult to use. T34/85 seems to be much better than in 0.5. Tiger turretspeed is turned down extremely and don't forget the BT7, wich is really fast. I think Valirisk is finally ballanced now. And again, IS2 saw first service in February 1944.

OK thanks. BTW I presume you know when the Battle of Varilisk occured? I couldn't find anything on the net about it. You got a date?

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago
Heinrich BlotgrasseOK thanks. BTW I presume you know when the Battle of Varilisk occured? I couldn't find anything on the net about it. You got a date?

Honestly, i don't know. But the loadingscreen shows Battle of Valirisk 1943. ;)

Petru

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th January 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago
Dee-JaýWell, I´ll start of with Karneila. -Soviets get IS-2 and can get to the trenches via land. -Axis have nothing to really counter the IS-2. Its just to ÜBER for an Infantrie map....

Artillery.

Petru

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th January 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago
Heinrich BlotgrasseVarilisk - I haven't played this much since 0.6 but as far as I know it's unchanged. If there has been a change it may be that the Katyusha has bee made more accurate. This may help the Allies somewhat but there also needs to be more T34s and/or field guns situated in the appropraite position for defense. I thought about suggesting an IS-2 in but that would radically overbalance the map in favour of Allies.

Multiple new river crossing points, which when used completely even the map. People just don't use them.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

MkH^The Storm:

Prokhorovka: Terrible map. Maybe best option would be just to remove the whole thing. It's damn laggy and all the action spread all over the flags. It looks nice and has JU87G, but that's about it.

:dropsjaw:

What!!!???? Prokhorovka is one of my absolute favourite maps. The best open ground tanks battles to be had on any map. I don't get any lag at all and I have a modest system. I think it's well balanced although the Axis side could *maybe* do with one more Panther D.

My only complaint about this map is that its a quite buggy but this map rocks. It's also one of the more popular maps on the publics.

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

Bocage might be fixed by removing the 105 howitzer at the sawmill. I really like it there, but it makes it REALLY hard for axis tanks to roll out at that point. Edit: The lag in Prokorovka seems to come near the massive tree/sawmill/whatever area. I start locking like crazy, possibly due to the game trying to see if I run into the absolute plethora of objects there. A reduction in trees or something might help there greatly.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago
SnorelaxBocage might be fixed by removing the 105 howitzer at the sawmill. I really like it there, but it makes it REALLY hard for axis tanks to roll out at that point.

The Bocage map should be completely redone or at least hardly overworked.

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

Bocage is one of the lamest maps ever, but that's DICE's fault. How about making the West Flag on Omaha Beach spawnable. Otherwise remove it altogether, it doesn't help anyone and is more of a distraction that keeps your team from doing something useful-- ie: Capturing flags that mean something/have spawns.