Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago
SnorelaxBocage might be fixed by removing the 105 howitzer at the sawmill. I really like it there, but it makes it REALLY hard for axis tanks to roll out at that point.

Tip: If your taking fire from the sawmill Artillary fire a couple of shots above it so that it impacts on the sawmill directly behind the artillary. The splash damage will kill the guy manning it.

Heinrich Blotgrasse

XXIX Panzerkorps

50 XP

2nd November 2003

0 Uploads

186 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago
JagdBocage is one of the lamest maps ever, but that's DICE's fault. How about making the West Flag on Omaha Beach spawnable. Otherwise remove it altogether, it doesn't help anyone and is more of a distraction that keeps your team from doing something useful-- ie: Capturing flags that mean something/have spawns.

The west flag *is* spawnable it's just that the spawn positions are on the beach and not by the flag itself. Axis would have a field day with grenades if the spawn area was limited to the area immediately around the flag.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

Oh, i forgot... PLEASE FIX THE DEFIANTS SPAWNING!!! It's not really a ballance thing, but please fix the Defiants, they spawn seriously damaged.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

Arnheim - '44 - Great map, of course it is balanced in favor of Germans but I have played it many many times and have seen both sides win completely. Allies have to mine and expack the heck out of the bridge. IMO no balance issues, leave it alone.

Foy - Great map, I have played where both sides have won. Seems balanced but Germans have to really pay attention to whats going on because there are only 3 control point. Most of the time the Germans lose because the team is not paying attention to whats going on with the control points. This happens with all small maps that have only a few CP's. Maybe add on more CP? I think it's fine though. Great map.

Pavlov - Great map, don't touch it.

Stalingrad - This is one is tough to win as allies if the Germans have their act together because it is a very simple map. You have to get ashore in a boat and if the other team is playing well, this is never going to happen. This is called the Karelia Syndrome. "If one team has to cross body of water in boats to assault a beach and other team is playing well, they will never get a foothold on the beach." I have played this map a lot where the allies never sat a foot ashore cause they were ripped to shreds in the boats. Same thing with Karelia.

Maybe put a platform or tiny island in the middle so the allies can more accurately spot for artillery to pound the shore so boats can get ashore. I have played it however several times where the Russians have won. Just depends on how good the Germans are.

Berlin Outskirts - Map just seems awkward. It would be better almost if it was only artillery and infantry and no tanks at all. The map is played mostly in a stalemate.

Gold Beach - I have seen this map go both ways equally. When noobs play, it is pretty unbalanced because they don't use artillery. When artillery is used properly, this is one hell of a battle. Don't touch it!!! Great map.

Liberation of CAEN - Every time I have played this map, the bridge is blown in the first 60 secs of the game and then we all wait for the map to end. Really really stupid. The bridge should not be destructible. Really really stupid bad idea.

Omaha Beach '44 - Great map love it. Seen it go both ways and it depends on how well the Germans use artillery. If noobs are playing, no artillery, allies rape them quickly. If Germans are using artillery to the fullest, it is one hell of a battle. One small suggestion....

The middle flag point is well covered by artillery but the germans have a hard time using the arty to cover this point effectively because they can't get the elevation of the Nebelwerfers quite low enough because of the earthworks around the werfers. Lower the barricade or raise the werfers so they can easily fire on the middle front control point. As is it, the rockets hit the barricade when aimed this low. This would solve a lot of problems.

Karelia - I like this map but it plays well only with experienced players. The addition of the German rockets was a great idea. Problem is that less experienced players on the German side spawn at the back control point to get the artillery. This is a fatal mistake because if the beach head is lost, they will never gain it back if the russians are playing even at an average skill level. I don't know what you could do, maybe it should just be left alone.

Biggest problem is that people STILL haven't figured out that to win at FH you have to play defense and you have to spot for artillery and use it.

Great maps

Tommek

I hate arcade!

50 XP

13th October 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

Wake:

Remove the Planecarrier, else the planecamper ruin every round.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago
Heinrich Blotgrasse Solution: I'm not sure if this is historically accurate but the solution to the problem is not to give Axis more armour but equip them to deal with PPSH infantry by giving them the STG instead of a K98 for the Assault Class.

Interesting idea there for "The Storm"

You could also create several more machine gun implacements for the germans BEHIND the very front line to give them a more effective way of killing invaders once they break the first line of defense. Theres nothing really for them to fall back to. After the first line defence is gone, they have no good positions.

Panzergrenadier

Waffen SS elan

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

100 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

I think Tobruk could use 1 deployable Flak 88 - these were used by Rommel to Great affect against Heavy British tanks in the actual conflict and I feel it should be reflected in the gameplay as well. The fact that the Axis dont have a worthy tank - other than the Stug - makes it difficult for axis to defeat even the Stuarts. 1 deployable 88 would help the current map immensly.

If the map were to better reflect the actual battle of Tobruk then it needs to be completely re-worked. In the actual battle, Tobruk was bombarded by Stuka's and He 111's before the attacks. British had dug in and well hidden infantry and MG's which kept axis infantry from supporting tanks and lead to axis tanks being defeated by British infantry and British static AT deffence. British should have some light AT guns to reflect this and in general more static possitions than tanks. Axis tank count should be increased include - some Panzer IV's,mainly Panzer III's, and Panzer II's. also an important item for the axis should be a Stuka. As I have mentiond before Tobruk was worked over by aircraft before the attack and during the attack aircraft support was essential.

Panzerfausts should be removed from this map - Period. They were not even around in this phase of the war and its annoying to see them.

Sorry for not being as helpfull with balancing the current map but I think Tobruk should be redone to reflect how the battle actualy was. Well thats my 2 cents... - Flame away :)

AntonioBora

GF makes me horny

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

Saipan- The Axis spawn points are too far from the landing beach and so rarely does anyone get there in time to contest the landing. Also the Battleship really drags down the map with lag...couldn't a destroyer suffice? Makin- Only problem I have with it is the Battleship, because again...lag issue. (many complain on both sides about these battleships bringing fps to a crawl.) Iwo-Jima- Perfect, don't touch it, just let the mapmaker make his black sand. Wake- Although seemingly tough for the axis..I think all that is needed is good team work. Guadalcanal- Fine...it has gone both ways and I think is balanced enough. Invasion of the Phillippines- Has some graphical error, and also, remove the m4s...replace them with m3 light tanks which is what they had. Gold Beach- I've seen it go both ways, sometimes I think it is too easy for axis, sometimes I think it is too easy for allies, dunno Omaha- Too easy for allies, suggest more mgs or no ticket loss by germans. Stalingrad- really easy for the axis if they wait for the boats..do not know how to rectify it, artillery fire doesn't seem to help. Karelia-too tough for axis to land...rockets and wespe do not help much at all. Suggest the .5 stugG be added again to the axis point at the front..unless you can make a land passage where all equipment can be moved up from the back.

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

AceSGuys now we really need your help, plz post in here what maps you think are unbalanced in FH , what side has the advantage and plz also post why you think this unbalance occurs on the very maps.

Would really help us improve FH for 0.62...

I just played a game of stalingrad where the russians just raped the germans and karelia where the germans just stomped the russians.

Aces, maybe you should wait a bit for people to figure out the best tactics for FH's new maps before taking any of this balance advice to heart. It is still very new and I personally don't think that ANY of the new maps are completely out of balance. Maybe this thread is about 2 or 3 weeks premature.

The worst balanced map imo is still market garden which is not even an fh map.

Quercus

Cocoa-Banana

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago

A lot of good points have been made here. Firstly, thanks to AceS for even opening up this discussion. I haven't played many of the maps so I can't comment on all of them. Here are a few points: Omaha - I agree that removing the flank route up the cliffs would force the allies to go up the beach as was intended. I also wonder about the 88mm gun just behind the Axis bunkers which doesn't seem to be able to depress low enough to be effectively used on the beach.

Pavlov - needs to be spread out a bit more, as has already been said it is a manic map over in minutes. Fall Weiss - Polish could do with something else. Foy: Replace the MG class with a few kits (3?) and some fixed MGs on the outskirts of the town. Bocage: Allies do have an advantage here (as they do in vanilla) and I'm not sure why. Maybe because there are two bridges the allies can use to get to the sawmill CP but only one the axis players can use. Bearing than in mind placing a fixed 88mm near the church (Axis base) may even things up a bit. Battle of Britain: Is it me or are the Allied buildings far too difficult to blow up? I made about 8 runs on one of the radar towers in a Ju88 and the damned thing was still sat there - without anyone repairing it either.

Cochise - I think the Pegasus bridge loss on Liberation of Caen is a bug - it is never there to begin with.