hawkeye47x

death by eXpak

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

didn't a lot of machine gunners carry bar1918's without tripods? i don't understand the horrible inaccuracy of the gun when in crouched position, (and even more so the horrible inaccuracy in the laying down position). the gun coule be fired from the shoulder, too, in burst or just squeezing off a single shot. the game now doesn't do this gun much justice. if i'm lucky i might get the chance to fire one in the next two weeks, all i am going on here is stories from ww2 vets. i know i'll get to see one, hopefully i'll get to try one out, if i do i'll let ya know

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Sweet. Im gonna shoot with an MG42 in 2 weeks ;)

Meadow

You might very well think that

50 XP

21st February 2004

0 Uploads

3,000 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

BARs had no tripod. It had a bipod.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
hawkeye47xdidn't a lot of machine gunners carry bar1918's without tripods? i don't understand the horrible inaccuracy of the gun when in crouched position, (and even more so the horrible inaccuracy in the laying down position). the gun coule be fired from the shoulder, too, in burst or just squeezing off a single shot. the game now doesn't do this gun much justice. if i'm lucky i might get the chance to fire one in the next two weeks, all i am going on here is stories from ww2 vets. i know i'll get to see one, hopefully i'll get to try one out, if i do i'll let ya know

The BAR was a huge weapon -- very long and very heavy. Firing a BAR standing or crouching was not easy to do IRL. SOP for BAR gunners was to try and fire it from a supported position. Later models came with the bipod as a standard. I've fired a BAR (semi-auto version only) and I can tell you that it's a monster.

StoneyBrigand

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

bar is one of the most accurate lmgs in the game now. I 'delploys' slightly faster then other mgs.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
McGibs.bar is one of the most accurate lmgs in the game now. I 'delploys' slightly faster then other mgs.

So are we to take that as a sign that it has a functional bipod?

StoneyBrigand

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

39 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

no no, it deploys like all other lmgs, with the time it takes crosshairs to close.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
McGibs.no no, it deploys like all other lmgs, with the time it takes crosshairs to close.

Ah I see, that's cool.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

BAR in CoD rules, the skin and model is amazing, and it plays it role realy well. I think however, BF1942's BAR is slightly lacking, mostly in detail...its a fantastic weapon, and very accurate in FH. Its only 1 of 3 guns that I use in most games, second to the no4 and the tommy.

{Jgd}Kirov

Super Noobified Uber Weapon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

When using the bar, even prone, the bullets rarely even appear to come from the barrel. I would have to agree w/ hawkeye.. but if its fixed in .6, its all fine and good.