ww2freak

Ingame name: Major.

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

648 Posts

0 Threads

#221 16 years ago

I would like very much to see this map develloped with the help of the FH team and becoming an FH exclusive. It looks promising.

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#222 16 years ago
ww2freakI would like very much to see this map develloped with the help of the FH team and becoming an FH exclusive. It looks promising.

It is a FH map only, i created a bf vanilla version so that more people (friends/classmates etc.) could play-test my map. But a few days after the bf vanilla version I dropped it and made a FH edition only (I was going to do that anyway). Im still working on the ground tex and custom objects etc. I will try to complete the ground textures before the end of this week and put a new alpha version online. I know tha tmy map still contains some placeholders (sandbags for support under the viaduct , howitzers for the British 6-pounder anti-tank gun, an un-mirrored version of the bridge-keepers-house on the east -right- side of the viaduct etc.) . I will also try to add the "Hofenstaufen" logo/tag to the SS vehicles, this is not a mayor thing at the moment though. Here is an example of the Hohenstaufen tag (mirrored): shieldbevelsmall.jpg the RZM band: cuff_hohenstaufen_bevo.jpg

ted baxtor

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#223 16 years ago

Nice work. If there is one thing I love about FH, it's maps that have an urban setting. They're lots of fun.

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#224 16 years ago

Some pics of (the uniforms of) the units at Arnhem: The British 1st Airborne Division: parafout.gif Here (above) is a paratrooper in full Battle Order taking a rest. He is wearing the traditional maroon beret and has his airborne helmet slung onto his web gear. He also has two issued cotton bandoleers of .303 ammunition for his Enfield rifle that is slung over his right shoulder. heathequipment.gif Here (above) is an airborne sniper with his No. 4 Mk. I(T) sniper rifle. His has elected to wear the full airborne Battle Order in lieu of the handmade sniper suit. Notice the FS dagger worn on a frog next to the standard Spike Bayonet and how he has the Toggle Rope slung around his shoulders, neck and lower back. source: http://www.britishairborne.org/webgear.html The 9.SS-Panzer-Division "Hohenstaufen": Lothar_1.jpgLothar_3.jpg

The pictures above illustrate the standard battle dress of a Waffen SS soldat circa 1944-45.

Uscha. Meithauser is wearing a Mid-war pattern tunic with the Type 2 camouflage Oak A helmet cover on his M-42 helmet and a Type 2 smock in Oak A camouflage. The trousers are the model 43 Kielhosen. He is armed with a Gewehr-43 semi-automatic rifle and Panzerfaust 60. His equipment is a mixture of leather and webbing. He's wearing standard issue roughed out leather ankle boots and an early pattern pair of ankle gaiters or Gemaschen. Lothar_4.jpg These picture shows the Unterscharf├╝hrer in the model 44 herringbone twill camouflage drill jacket (commonly called Dot 44 or Peas Pattern by re-enactors) worn over his standard wool tunic. source: http://www.9thss.org/