Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

Hell, I like it just the way it is. If anything I would like to see fewer buildings in the town. Have some courtyards and such. It's hard to breath in it's current state. But other than that, I think it currently kicks ass :thumbsup:

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

I suggest you add a flag into the monastery, that will even out things a little, when you take the MG42s away....

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

MG's should DEFINETLY be limited! Right now 60% of the axiis are MGunners.

Peacekeeper<..>

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago
....how I hate people who go solo in a jeep to cap far off flags.:mad:

You may hate it, but the map is pretty much over if the they don't get that flag asap. I hate trying to capture the first flag, just to be spawned killed by nebelwerfer. Take out "all artillery" if your going to take out the jeep.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

Perhaps what's needed is a clear "concept" of the map. Is the map to be a pure infantry map? It seems that's the original idea. If that's the case, I'd remove the forward Nebelwerfers and put one in the back to shell the American treeline position. I'd remove ALL vehicles too, including the german APC. Set the MG42 to a pick-up kit. Give the Americans a pickup kit LMG/HMG (since the BAR is barely an LMG). Add another flag to give a bit more diversity of fighting. Create only one or two (maximum of three) paths that a team can take to get to and from a flag. Flags should not be open on all four sides. This makes defense almost impossible. Ideally you want tough infantry fighting, house to house action, intense carnage in a small space. However, this isn't really possible when one guy can sneak around to the back door. That's always been one of my major complaints about the infantry maps. THey just feel like Q3 levels where it's all open and you can run around just randomly shooting people. There's no slow advance, no need to cover your buddies while they race down an alley to a doorway where they then cover your approach, etc. Take a look at some of the old RTCW maps for good examples of maps that did this. I believe the dual radar tower map was one of the best ones in this sense. I might even limit things to one approach, but set the tickets to have NO bleed at all. Pure attrition. THat's the way an infantry map should wokr.

mycalle

Im still cooler then you...

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

The map is fine you people have to stop nit picking away at good maps there's always going to be small unbalances that make it intresting and gives both sides a different plan of attack,slight advantages, and diversity of play and games.....

Your points are very small and not very imp, this map as many in FH are not about dumbing down the maps to the point where each side has the exact same advantage points and balances on the maps, some maps 1 side has an advantage this adds spice and stadegy to the game and diversity....(and forces team play especially to the team where these advantages are not placed) so how about stop complaining about trival things, "FOY is a great map leave it ALONE..............."

{TDB}MajGen Mycalle Ac-Co :deal: :deal: "Fight Harder, live longer"

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

You're really simplifying and being snide. It IS a small issue. We AREN'T nitpicking the map down to vanilla status. I just want one or two small changes and I think it would make the map a lot more FUN, which is the whole point. Having 22 MG42 Axis players is unrealistic and stupid, but it happens commonly on that map. Hardly "trivial".

Swisssoldier

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

The walking-speed of the MG42-class should be decreased, so it can't be used as a "rush-weapon". The MG42 was around 11kg and I don't think a soldier could run as fast as with an 4.1kg MP40. I don't know if it's possible to code that.

KrautCommander

Panzertöter

50 XP

10th April 2004

0 Uploads

113 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

...if you want to decrease the MG42 class then give the germans at least the G43 or even the Sturmgewehr44

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago
SwisssoldierThe walking-speed of the MG42-class should be decreased, so it can't be used as a "rush-weapon". The MG42 was around 11kg and I don't think a soldier could run as fast as with an 4.1kg MP40. I don't know if it's possible to code that.

I think you'll find that the weight is reflected in the gun's accuracy... I'm sure a train soldier with an MG42 could run quite quickly [bear in mind that they worked in teams... meaning that 1 had an MG42 and the other had the gear and ammo for it] but try firing from it and you're in for a rude shock... To this end I still feel that the machine guns are a little too accurate when firing standing up [with the possible exception of the BAR]