n00by

I post to get attention

50 XP

10th April 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago
Count NosferatuTo this end I still feel that the machine guns are a little too accurate when firing standing up [with the possible exception of the BAR]

Agreed. :nodding: Once I was head-to-head with a MG42 gunner. Me=Garand, he=MG42. I shoot and miss him, as I was standing. Now what did he do? He just stood there and fired at me. Got killed by 1000 bullets sprayed into my direction...try that with a BAR and you'll get blown away in no matter of time. Same as above happened as the MG guy threw himself on the ground and started firing immediately...was dead before I could spell "MG42". :spank:

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

.....lol...but seriously, the MG 42 is needed on that map. The allies have thompsons, garands etc. And if they capture one flag, they usually win the game....

I have killed a lot of MG 42 guys with thompsons, they never stand a chance....

n00by

I post to get attention

50 XP

10th April 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

It's not about taking it out completely - just limit it to a reasonable (5?) number of spawnable kits and maybe even give them the StgW44 as spawnable class instead of MG42...otherwise it'll stay as it is - MG whoreage:help:

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

Matyast, I think the point was that at least half of the axis team always having an MG is unrealistic, not the MG being too good. :S

n00by

I post to get attention

50 XP

10th April 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago
okiNMatyast, I think the point was that at least half of the axis team always having an MG is unrealistic, not the MG being too good. :S

Exactly that thing.:deal:

Zigy77

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd January 2003

0 Uploads

98 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

woa... Anyone remember watching BoB, Foy episode? I remember a Flak88 at that frontline of germans firing upon americans running down the hill, a Tiger slowly crawling up to frontline to attack with MG and cannon, and I also remember geting slaughtered as US on one server a few rounds. I dont think there were any nebelwerfers there but there might have been behind Foy, im not sure cuz i dont remember seeing any in BoB, but then again im only basing Foy off of an extremely accurate movie. Suggestion- Maybe the dev's should add those huge haystacks that are commonly found in BoB so that americans can have some cover to hide behind while Lt. Spiers goes to save the day? Anyone connecting with me here about that BoB episode?

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

I would love it if the devs made foy identical to the foy in BoB, which looks similar already.