The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

130 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago

just a comment on how good FH is:

My friend got BF42 just to play FH, talk about power.

ScorpionTBC

I post to get attention

50 XP

30th October 2003

0 Uploads

54 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

'[CNIOhioan']With the current team, this mod wont get past an infantile "try-it-and-delete-it" stage. They've got a lot to learn about keeping interest.

If no release comes before Christmas, FH is dead.

I don't agree with this at all. FH will draw fans back when there is a playable version out.

However, I think the FH team made a HUGE tactical mistake by not doing a quick balance/install fix on all their existing release before doing the uber-update. As it is, no one can currently play an enjoyable large group of maps when some are so horrendously imbalanced. Unless, that is, you enjoy utterly slaughtering the other side time and time again. There are a few maps that are truly balanced, but they're few and far between.

This can be overcome with a successful next release and more timely updates. We'll see how well they execute.

-Scorp

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago

ScorpionTBCI don't agree with this at all. FH will draw fans back when there is a playable version out.

However, I think the FH team made a HUGE tactical mistake by not doing a quick balance/install fix on all their existing release before doing the uber-update. As it is, no one can currently play an enjoyable large group of maps when some are so horrendously imbalanced. Unless, that is, you enjoy utterly slaughtering the other side time and time again. There are a few maps that are truly balanced, but they're few and far between.

This can be overcome with a successful next release and more timely updates. We'll see how well they execute.

-Scorp

That's my point. The mod as it is right now is broken. It's a noobish attempt at a realism mod. It's got potential, but I don't see any progress. People will download the file, get confused over the 20 different patches (no germans, cause of the swastika thing), get ingame and see the horrible balance issues, and just delete it and say "screw this". That happens several times a day. If FH wants to grow, it needs to be fixed fast. And if Christmas comes and goes and there's no patch, people are going to simply drop it and forget about it. .6 has been too long coming, and no one likes waiting. If .6 isn't out by HL2, forget this mod. The majority of your players are NOT WW2 buffs, but people looking for better gameplay than Vanilla BF. With as many people as the dev team is comprised of I'm amazed we haven't seen a patch yet.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

i actually havent bought a cpu game in months other than call of duty, and dont plan on getting any for christmas or my birthday right after.... so ill be a fan for a while mainly because nothing tops FH and BF1942, so take ur time with 0.6 devs. make it blow the pants off of DC so alll the little newbs can come and we can kick the crap out of them...whos with me?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Mast3rofPuppets Advanced Member

08'aIgnorance is not an excuse

50 XP

28th November 2003

0 Uploads

8,198 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago
CaPtAnInSaYnOi actually havent bought a cpu game in months other than call of duty, and dont plan on getting any for christmas or my birthday right after.... so ill be a fan for a while mainly because nothing tops FH and BF1942, so take ur time with 0.6 devs. make it blow the pants off of DC so alll the little newbs can come and we can kick the crap out of them...whos with me?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

ARRGGHH, not the n00bs!!! It's because of them i stopped playing DC.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago
*THRAWN*This coming from the spam king himself.... unbelievable. :fistpunch:

Hehe.

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago
Mast3rofPuppetsARRGGHH, not the n00bs!!! It's because of them i stopped playing DC.

all i meant was we could scare em away and it would make us feel like we all accomplished something playing a game... we could all tell ourselves we made the world a better place

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP

14th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,970 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

Hey guys, this is my first post, im from australia if you havnt noticed :P captain insano, if you want your signature to work, you have to get it uploaded onto a website

the_cursor

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#29 17 years ago

Captaninsayno, don't despair, some of us do have a sense of humor (Im also from Australia). Its hard to find FH servers with good pings down here, so every month or so we have to organise a server to have a decent game. Last month it was EOD, this month FH. While these mods aren't as popular as DC, they both play better then DC did at the same stage in it's development.

Oxide

Malaj

50 XP

18th October 2003

0 Uploads

250 Posts

0 Threads

#30 17 years ago

How can you guys have so much patience? You don't play every day do you? I can't fucking stand the toy planes (FW and the jet plane) anymore, it's like I'm starting to hate FH. Competely beyond me why you devs spend time on adding more and more stuff when the current version is completely broken. You ARE gonna fix the allied AA right? One round of Bocage as allied is enough to drive any man insane.