SgtPepper

Aloha

50 XP

20th October 2003

0 Uploads

891 Posts

0 Threads

#41 17 years ago

Well since 0.5 is obviously such a big flop to you guys we'll just go and see how the fanbase grows/shrinks by the time 0.6 is out. ((The dev's better be working their asses off on 0.6!))

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

The Jackalx2kI have the beta. There's been ALOT fixed and added. The stuff that has been added is not buggy or anything and is working 100%. We're stuck without a beta update this weekend because our private forums are kinda screwey from that hacker so we're fixing that first.

Don't worry you guys won't be disapointed.

If there's anyone left TO be dissapointed. You might be stuck up there in beta land, but take a look at the pubs sometime and see the lackluster numbers, and maybe give a little notice to the tons of members the mod has that their mod is dying and that they should act expediently if they want their work to be known.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']If there's anyone left TO be dissapointed. You might be stuck up there in beta land, but take a look at the pubs sometime and see the lackluster numbers, and maybe give a little notice to the tons of members the mod has that their mod is dying and that they should act expediently if they want their work to be known.

Problem I see is that a _complete installation_ of 0.5e should have been released onto bf1942files (or wherever) and that would have got rid of some people's disappointments with FH; and then the balancing, etc issues are just normal for _any_ mod that's in beta form. Don't know why this hasn't been done - isn't it just a case of zipping up the mods/FH directory?? All I did to install FH onto my second PC was to copy that directory across and it appears to work fine.. Seems to me that 0.6 is gonna almost be a complete rewrite with Merciless, Pacific Shores, etc - which is why there's a bit of a delay.. Guess we won't see 0.6 this side of xmas though as I'm sure people working on it don't want to spend every minute on it this time of year ;) Still looking forward to it anyway and I hope it rekindles interest - Jan/Feb is probably a time when more people stay in and play online games (especially as they've spent all their money over xmas).

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago

At least .6 will have a full install file so all the n00bs that are too dumb/lazy to update FH won't have any problems... :P

the Darkness Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago

This thread has now come to a flaming end. Closed.