raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#41 17 years ago

Exactly. Im sure MOH players said the same thing about bf, that it would take all the members.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#42 17 years ago

Blistex Hell, someone needs to paste some ingame pics of the Panther, Tiger II and Elephant on the Web Site and forums to draw in some new blood and get some more hype. Many people in other forums are either uninterested because they believe it to be an aircraft mod, or they've just never heard of it.

Sadly none of these are ingame.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#43 17 years ago

LoboThere will be no italians in the first release, I'm sorry. We need more work in the italian army to include them, soon.

I wish you would tell the community things like this...

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#44 17 years ago
judge reinholdthis is gonna be rough for fh, its in competition with things that blow other mods to smithereens even though they arent released yet. what with the bf killers cod, hl2, and soldner, fh must also contend with dc .4 and eod 50%! its a long road ahead of us.

That's why its good that the FH team have decided to do almost everything in one go. All the other mods that released with next to nothing done suck and get blown to smitherines accordingly.

DC is only popular, because they were one of the first BF1942 mods to be released and because of that, a lot of skilled coders, modellers, etc. wanted a piece of the action which sped up development as well. Even that Goetterfunke guy from EOD switched to DC :eek:

EOD have been worst done by though, with EA announcing they'd be releasing Battlefield Vietnam, it makes it seem like all their work was for nothing :uhm:

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#45 17 years ago

but mods that release continiously get attention ("New Version out!") more often...so more people notice it.

Ivegottheskill

No.1 STvsSW Fan

50 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

172 Posts

0 Threads

#46 17 years ago
Archangel85but mods that release continiously get attention ("New Version out!") more often...so more people notice it.

That's not always the case. That's only if the update is highly anticipated (i.e. there are a lot of cool updates or the mod has a large following)

I think FH has a strong loyal following, and that will only grow by 10 times when it's released. There are already FH clans and a lot of fan sites, particularly German ones. I doubt the mod will be a flop with that much coverage over so many web sites.

You just need to make sure the major ones know about things like bf1942files.com, I check there all the time for mod updates myself, easier than going to 10 different mod sites :)