Fighting on the beaches

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

123 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi

Recently, the BF1918 mod has posted to-maybe three news every day, showing off in-game footage, and many many nice screenshots. To get people playing a mod, you need an extensive propaganda section, and show amazing stuff to get more and more people interested... obiviously.

A thing that seems strange to me is the way the FH-team has done this part. For myself, I would have done it reversed:

They started out with daily updates, three months prior to their next release. Then, weekly updates, (the release is getting closer), and then, almost no updates at all when the release is at our very doorstep. This is a bit confusion, as I thought it would be better to launch an EXTENSIVE propaganda campaign just before the release....

- Pete

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Ya, I was just reading in PC Gaming Magazine, 'mods to die for' and there was BF1918 and I thought, "what the hell is THAT!" where's FH?!?!?!?

Tekkn

Can't we all just get along

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
CochiseYa, I was just reading in PC Gaming Magazine, 'mods to die for' and there was BF1918 and I thought, "what the hell is THAT!" where's FH?!?!?!?

:agreed

Akatosh

50 XP

28th December 2003

0 Uploads

299 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Plz, they are (as everybody) waiting for the 1.6 patch! So when EA/DICE release the 1.6 you can se major releases from many mods in the BF-arena.

born2lift

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

189 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Akatosh, and you know this how?

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

he's an alien!! Kill him!!

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
born2liftAkatosh, and you know this how?

He is guessing and there have been rumors FH is waiting for 1.6 to be released before they release 0.6.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Pimpy PeteHi

Recently, the BF1918 mod has posted to-maybe three news every day, showing off in-game footage, and many many nice screenshots. To get people playing a mod, you need an extensive propaganda section, and show amazing stuff to get more and more people interested... obiviously.

A thing that seems strange to me is the way the FH-team has done this part. For myself, I would have done it reversed:

They started out with daily updates, three months prior to their next release. Then, weekly updates, (the release is getting closer), and then, almost no updates at all when the release is at our very doorstep. This is a bit confusion, as I thought it would be better to launch an EXTENSIVE propaganda campaign just before the release....

- Pete

There are many things FH has done and I will never understand. Things that in my opinion border on stupidity imo. I bet you if they got one person to become an actual leader or projects manager their 'production' of the mod would be 50% faster.

Winther

FH Betatester

50 XP

16th November 2003

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

sooooooo... let's vote on a leader! =P j/k

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

ah nonsense our news policy is just not very good. Period. :D

See it as it is... we... well.. our newsposter has a very strange strategy to do his work. But oh well you will get what you want soon.

ah we have a leader now.

just to keep you updated. ;)