jwhit

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

hi all, curious will they make some maps with lots of bombers. Maybe like a battle of Britain map. It would be cool to see 12 he111s and ju88s flying over and going into combat with spitfires. Has this been talked about before?

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Encouraging flying sucks!!!:fistpunch:

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I am pretty sure they will be having a battle of britain map.

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

To piss off Raxor and his battle of britain mod? lol

jwhit

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well I personally don't fly much but I'm talking about mainly air maps. I mean it would be different. We could have all of the regular maps. But one or two could be for air battles. For all the flight guys. The only problem that I can see other than ramming someone every 5 seconds is the huge map that would be needed.

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

If people wanted to fly planes so much, the yshould have bought a flight simulator...(and don't give me that BS that its hard, cause if i can freaking do it, then any idiot can do it) but yeah theres already a mod completely focused on air combat (battle of britian).

Also isn't this the exact same post you posted in suggestions?

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Rejoice fools, and take in the wisdom of the mappin fool.

Aisu_Diving is the first map to be midway sized but all land, and 95% air based(kubelwagens for transport(axis), M3A1's provide mobile AA support for the allies, and there are a few AA guns around the bases...other than two corner bases, there is all air...

I will convert this to FH, when it comes out...Or maybe have FH include it, if i can get it good...just a dream ;)

jwhit

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Yes I realize that there are many flight sims out. But then again there are a lot of ground sims out to and the list goes on. This game has a wonderful combining of the 3. Wait I take that back it depends on who is playing. Anyway The fact that you could have guys on the ground with 40mm flack guns firing and night time maps with searchlights would be nice. I would think the ground guys would have some fun shooting down planes like that. I don't think that any flight sim has done that as far as I am aware of. I like the bf1942 graphics and play and I think it would just be fun to see a map like that. I mean just make it optional. If you are a ground guy and don't like to fly period don't go to a server with that map. They could also have tank only or infantry only maps. But that is only a dream, it would take too many people and there would have to be a huge map for that. Oh I did not know that there was a battle of britain mod out though. If the mod is going to be great then maybe there should be maps which are dedicated to big navy battles, dog fights, bombing missions, beach landings infantry only maps, and maybe even submarine warfare maps(which I think would be one of the funnest because there are so few games out about submarine warfare). That would be different. Something that will appeal to everybody. But just a discussion I am curious about what others think about these maps.Oh you might want to delete the one in suggestions, sorry I meant to post it in here.

jwhit

50 XP

7th May 2003

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

And look at this way it could also come in very handy in getting rid of spawn campers because they would only play on the servers with those maps. Personally the biggest thing I hate in bf1942 is that there are about 10 guys on the carrier or around the airfield waiting for a plane. When a plane spawns bam theres the other teams army at our front door camping our spawn because everybody decided to wait for a plane. I've got to be honest that does get annoying. Either way thought this will be a great mod. Great job to the guys making it. Anyway sorry for rambling. Thanks for posting everyone got to go for tonight.

RPGreg2600

I shot down MG42Maniac

50 XP

24th October 2002

0 Uploads

391 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Couldn't you do bombing missions where the building is a vhicle with spawn points attached to it, so when it's destroyed the spawn points are gone and the other team wins? Kinda like coral sea only with buildings instead of aircraft carriers. I think this would be very fun.