Inefficacious

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello all, I just downloaded the FHX mini mod for BF, and I'm a bit disappointed at the chosen maps to have bots. The origional BF maps are very boring :uhm: and the FH maps are always great to play :nodding: Breakthrough - 1944 Berlin Berlin Outskirts FH version of Stalingrad These maps are the best maps I have ever played, I was wondering if FH would add bots to these maps. Lots of my friends usually come to my house to have a lan game of FH, they have seen the maps created by the FH team and are dying to play those maps with bots. Thank you

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

It takes time to make botsupport for a map. Maybe the guys from FHX will add it, but it will sure take a while.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I can´t see how people can play this game in SP. I guess bots might be usefull in a LAN, but otherwise BF/FH isn´t you cup of tea...

Inefficacious

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I really don't care how long it takes. Any amount of time will be worth to see those maps have bots.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Don't underestimate bots.....since FH does not really have support, i sometimes play a BG42 0.98 bot game.

DICE made them in such way they increase in skill/abilities when they can use more processing power from your CPU.

On low end computers bots will hang around the main base running in circles, the CPU is too busy with running the game instead of executing AI code.

When you run a dedicated (LAN) server, you can go beyond the standard 25 % CPU time given to AI setting, and you run the game on another system. You will notice that makes the bots considerable smarter and they start doing interesting things.

Online with human players it is a rare occasion if tanks attack protected by a whole devision of infantry........but bots do that kind of stuff. And if you thought only humans would outflank you......wrong !

When i exanched the AMD 2200+ CPU for a AMD 3200+ in that dedicated server, bots become excellent pilots and artillery gunners too.

If you really want to enjoy bf1942 bots ( in FH too if there is map support ) give them a lot of CPU time/power. The stronger your CPU is, the smarter the bots will be.....

ifixphns

VMA-121 U.S.M.C. WOLF RAIDERS

50 XP

20th January 2004

0 Uploads

22 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

:agreed

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

16th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

im not even worried about what skill the bots have, i would be happy if they just got in a tank and drove around the map so i had some target practice.... but im really happy just using the vanilla levels so i have nothing important to say

obliviousnation

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,424 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

if you think the bf1942 bots are smart wait till you play with bf vietnams ones! they take orders and tell you to take cover and they also taunt the enemy while shooting.Bf vietnam is very cool and the bots would be good for fh (another reason to convert)

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Bots taking orders... oh how I wish that existed in BF42.

Gamthen

I rax0r you all!

50 XP

10th May 2003

0 Uploads

586 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Beast of War When you run a dedicated (LAN) server, you can go beyond the standard 25 % CPU time given to AI setting, and you run the game on another system. You will notice that makes the bots considerable smarter and they start doing interesting things.

Where is this option?! I just cruised through my dedicated server menu for what seems like an hour, and all I can get it to is 25%.

Could you please enlighten me as to how you did this? I even checked the Black Bag Ops server manager.