B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Well i think this has been done before somewhere but let's get this going again..

Here's two shots of a lighthouse I'd like to get modeled for Crete.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Hmmm

I might be able to model it. How complicated are the stairs that lead up to the top? Any shots from the inside?

How about you take the current windmill model and just change the top?

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Also pierce, I think you should add some grassy areas on your map.

You dont have to add an insane amount of layers I think. Just place the grass sections so it looks like this from a top view. Then it from the sides it will seem like there is alot of grass without it causing a huge FPS hit.

Cause I played that crete map and I think he has some real good potential :D

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Well I don't think the Windmill would really work that well, it's a bit too thick i think. I'd do it myself but i have absolutely zero modeling skills ;)

I'm still working on placing grass sections on my map, I'm waiting for another model, a short stone wall or just a new skin for the sandbag walls. I'd like the walls about that size. After i figure out where i want to place those more bushes and grass sections are going to be built around that. I mean there's gotta be some cover somewhere on that map ;)

Here's another with a view of the stairs leading up to the back. I haven't been able to locate an interior view yet. I think they have it locked up or something...But I suppose improving that wouldn't be too bad at all...

Alakazou

Jimmy Paterson's disciple

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

847 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Crete suck .Malta rulzzzzzzz:rock: :p

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

here's another one, with some people on it for scale :)

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Yeah, keep working on that map cause I think it's real nice :)

Well I was saying that you can take that windmill, and scale it in 3dsmax so its thinner and not so fat. Then just replace the top with the new parts, and add those small details to the sides. Cause damn I would think its complicated and annoying to model ALL those steps in the inside that lead to the top. I would model the whole thing even with base without a problem but damn I would probably get angry trying to model those steps hehehehe. Maybe we can jack them from the windmill? lol

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Hmm...well i don't know if it's even possible (or even how complicated it would be) to remove the steps from the windmill and then just 'paste' them into the new model...

Well we could always just put a ladder inside to the top... ;)

Mange

FH Dev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

183 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

lighthouseprod.jpg