McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Well, ive been playing alot of Wolfenstein ET (its like tfc, mixed with bf1942) and its a hell of alot of fun. There's a few things that I really like, that I think could carry over very well into FH. Mainly, the great use of screen shakes.

Now, I know you can code screen shaking into things, gux it already does it when something explodes close by.

First: Machinegun/Automatic shakes. When using an autmatic weapon, the screen should shake quite a bit to simmulate the kick. Right now, it just moves the crosshairs and screen up I belive. When using a mounted MG in wolf, the screen shake adds soooooo much to the feeling of power behind it. It also forces the user to use more controlled bursts.

Second: Damage Shakes: When a player is damaged, the screen should jolt violently (in wolf it also flashes red). I think that this would also add a hell of alot to gameplay. It's really hard to keep your MG steady and return fire when your screen is spasming all over the place. In RL could you honestly hold a rifle straight after youve been nailed with a bullet? Probly not. Youd scream "ow" and kinda flail around a bit before you regain your cool.

Um, thats really all I got. But as suggested many times before, when a tank or simmilar drives by, screen shake would also be nice.

Cheers.

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

The problem in Wolf is, you can turn the red flashes off. But since this is a realism mod I do like the idea.

You know whenever you play those single player games and you shoot a bot, he grabs at his wound then fires back? The red flashes can represent that. When you get hit you're trying to regain control.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

lol yeh, i just remembered that!

When you shoot someone, they sometimes hunch over and grab at thier stomach, while their gun is pointing at the ground. Then they shoot the gun from there and kill you...

I just think it would add alot more to realism and 1st hit advantage.

Crimman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

130 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

Or even better you could do the shell-shock thing from COD sp, when artillery hits close. For those that dont know, the screen slows down and blurs and the sound gets muffled. But, when you come out of it the sound gets sharp and the screen shakes a little. That would be awesome.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

well, its a totally different can of worms for explosions.

I would suggest a high pitched ringing.

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Yes we need a lot more shaking in FH, especially when arty rounds hit the ground near you...

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

yeah you should add shell shock (thats what the thing from CoD is) when a shell explodes near you

Blehh

Rifleman

50 XP

16th January 2003

0 Uploads

2,894 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

McGibswell, its a totally different can of worms for explosions.

I would suggest a high pitched ringing.

Like in Vietcong ;)

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

Can we have some FH-team comment about this????

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

Unloading with a SMG is not going to cause the holder of the gun to dance around shaking, they didn't fire that high power of a round. Firing heavy guns while not Crouching/Prone should definately shake the screen up. MG34 anyone? That needs it bad.

But for the most part I think you'd do well to NOT have too many shakes.. low FPS machines will have a lot of problems and people wont be able to use the heavy guns.