trellos

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#1 18 years ago

Hi I am from Greece here we have very bad net.I have a 56k modem and my speed is 31,2k.I can't play the BF1942 in MP but i still love this game.I find FH very very good.And i want to play it in SP is that posible?

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#2 18 years ago

you should still be able to play the original maps at least in single player. Just takes some alteration of the AI templates I think.

As to the custom maps, I'm not sure about other mappers here, but I know bugger all of scripting AI, I'm going to possibly try it eventually with the maps I make, but right now coding AI is a pain in a neck (IMO) ;)

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#3 18 years ago

HOORAY!!! At least I will be able to play the original maps!

Will FH have RTR support? Probably not in the main download, but how about a downloadable separate patch for "The Forgotten Road to Rome"? The RTR maps are excellent, and this way people wouldn't *have* to have RTR in order to enjoy your wonderful mod.

Could BF1942 players expect a "Forgotten Secret Weapons" as well? Personally I would love to see what the FH team could do with the expansions with all their stuff. It would be really cool.

I too have poor multiplay connection with a Satellite internet connection. It can download and surf pretty fast but thats about it, due to its different speeds of uploading/downloading internet play is impossible.

Pierce, I salute you!!! There are very few who have accomplished bot support with their maps, and if you accomplish such it would definitely put you in the realm of "Elite".

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#4 18 years ago

trellos didnt the Greek government outlaw electronic gaming? lmao

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#5 18 years ago

hehe, i'm not sure why that should matter that much, I mean I live in the US and I'm pretty sure that file sharing is illegal :rolleyes:

I really wouldn't consider myself Elite if I get single player coded, since I've only made one map, but one can dream :smokin:

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#6 18 years ago

very few and I mean *very* few mappers can code bots effectively into their maps. I have seen plenty of maps, but only a handfull (maybe five) that actually carry bot support.

If you could do that, then in my book that would classify as "elite" mapper. One who can do what many others cannot do in a particular field. If it ever comes down to which could have bot support between sp and co-op, let it be co-op with its better options(co-op can also double as a sp option by starting an offline game with it).

Good luck Pierce!!!

trellos

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

12th May 2003

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#7 18 years ago

It's very very big story.But know there is no problem with net-cafe or all this.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#8 18 years ago

Good call on the Co-op. I'll see what I can do ;) I have a few other conquest projects I want to get done first, that way we'll at least be able to use a good portion of the models :D