28th September 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago
LoboCool, here we go.

noooooooooo....wait!!!

skin the TBM Avenger first... :)

its a really awesome plane, heh, and one of my favorites...

the TBM should be FIRST priority... :naughty:

***Just think of it now...three guys piling in on the carrier...taking the beast off...(coding the doors so they open) lauching the torp...and then defending the mini-fortress from all those zeros...

I really can't wait until carrier warfare is finished...by far the best aspect of WWII in my opinion...

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

Haha, don't worry, the Avenger is also one of my favourites planes and it will get a skin really soon.

rustybit

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago
the Darkness Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago
Mangelobo...these are the best plans you can find on the net... http://win.www.airwar.ru/other/draw/catalina.html

Looks like Mange found Taranov's stash of blueprints.

rustybit

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago
rustybit

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

108 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago
SensesFail

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago
LoboHaha, don't worry, the Avenger is also one of my favourites planes and it will get a skin really soon.

heh...niiice

anyways...If you need anyhelp with reference to the skin...there is a local museum that has almost any aircraft you could name in WWII (especially if they're american...heh)

I can probably take photos of every little detail on any plane you want (except the cockpit & the catalina)

I can probably get you guys authentic sounds too of each engine starting up and running...but I don't want to look like a freak holding a mic out there while these things start up...or fly by...

here a couple pics of the TBM and its markings (the exact ones George Bush had when he flew TBM's in WWII off of the San Jacinto...well he crashed several times but atleast one of his planes looked like this one)...

this thing is a beast of a plane...the top of my head (5' 11") touches the bottom of the engine cowl...

pict7272.jpg

these are just museum shot btw...but this kind of shows the engine detail...maybe we can see something other than blue engines...heh

pict7280.jpg

just a different shot

pict7282.jpg

the plane was restored in the 1980's so it is a little aged...but not nearly as worn out as a WWII era one would be...

pict7289.jpg

a different color scheme of the TBM

pdrm0600.jpg

taking off...it has a really unique engine sound that makes it sound really slow but powerful...

pdrm0957.jpg

a nice shot of the wingspan (its really...really wide...looking at it you must think the carriers were huge)

pdrm1051.jpg

another paint scheme

pdrm1205.jpg

starting to fold its wings (would be an awesome feature if FH could pull it off)

pdrm1364.jpg

closeup

pdrm1018.jpg

what it would look like if DC and FH combined...heh

pdrm1418.jpg

anyways...

if you ever come to America (AGAIN?) Lobo...you should definately stop by in May to see this airshow...

its the only thing I've ever seen in my life where I've seen over 35 different types of WWII planes (50 in all)...flying at the same time in a circle above the crowd...it was pretty amazing...

and I don't know what people talk about with the Whistling thing on the Corsair...I've never heard it in my life??? Maybe I need to pay close attention...heh

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

Wow, those Avengers are beauties, it's a pain you can't take pictures of cockpits, it's the most useful for me. But other details are useful, like engines, little pieces, windows, landing gears, etc.

BTW: thanks, rustybit, those big blueprints are perfect, in fact I was making wrong the plane because the other blueprints had wrong shape, but with yours now is perfect. It's very common, sometimes there are wrong bluprints out there, looking real pictures I have realized that your blueprint was perfectly acurate, not the others.

Lt. Havoc

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

131 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

I remember seeing a Catalina model screenshot months and months ago, am I wrong or what happened?