RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I'm a bit confused. It says only one version is to be released tomorrow and that's the censored version. Then they're going to release the uncensored later. This is kinda bothersome. I definitely don't want the censored version. I'm wondering if it's cause they have absolutely no choice and they HAVE to release the censored version first. Or if it's that they can only release one version tomorrow and they chose the censored one.

This is disappointing cause I think there's a hell of a lot more people that want the uncensored one, since I don't think any other countries have the same laws as Germany. Just seems to me there's a lot more players from across the world playing this then there are Germans. And I dunno, why make the majority wait longer...?

And if I misinterpeted the news update then I am sorry, if someone could elaborate that would be nice.

{Jgd}Kirov

Super Noobified Uber Weapon

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

154 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

If i understand correctly, we will all have to get the censored version. The uncensored "historically accurate" version is a patch.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

the files for the swastikas is in the patch ,.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
Or if it's that they can only release one version tomorrow and they chose the censored one.

This is right, we had to get ready yesterday the censored version to burn the DVD's that warundarum will release, impossible to delay this. We had not time to get ready the uncensored one, sorry guys, it will be soon avalaible as a patch

RObbit

Roger That Mommy Cat^^

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

so if i dl d censored version, i can get a patch for the uncensore version?

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Since the first release will be in Germany releasing the censored version first makes sense. I dont think anyone will refuse to play becasue the swastika, illegal in Germany, will not be included in the initial release.

If you are offended you have other more urgent isses that need addressing.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

RandomChurchI'm a bit confused. It says only one version is to be released tomorrow and that's the censored version. Then they're going to release the uncensored later. This is kinda bothersome. I definitely don't want the censored version. I'm wondering if it's cause they have absolutely no choice and they HAVE to release the censored version first. Or if it's that they can only release one version tomorrow and they chose the censored one.

This is disappointing cause I think there's a hell of a lot more people that want the uncensored one, since I don't think any other countries have the same laws as Germany. Just seems to me there's a lot more players from across the world playing this then there are Germans. And I dunno, why make the majority wait longer...?

And if I misinterpeted the news update then I am sorry, if someone could elaborate that would be nice.

No no, You've got it all wrong. There isn't a censored / uncensored version. You have 1 main file, which is the same as a censored version and later they'll release a small patch containing historical textures, which after installing you'll have an uncensored version. So:

big file: no historical textures small file only containing textures: historical textures

So you'll have to download the file which is going to be released tomorrow anyway.

RObbit

Roger That Mommy Cat^^

50 XP

22nd October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Thanks for the clear up, i get it now^^

.ximon

GF makes me horny

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

95 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

what about the map pack?

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

historical textures= swasikas and portraits of hitler, that is ALL.

Unless you are a neo nazi, and must have these textures in order to play, don't worry about it. you won't even notice.