McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

After playing the fantastic silentheroes mod, i noticed a sweet little feature (along with the oodles of other liitle goodies they have) that CLASS LIMITATIONS ARE POSSIBLE without an sdk!

When trying to become a sniper, there was already 2 ingame, and when i tried to click on the class icon, it flashed red and would not select! I thought, whoh, thats fucking sweet, they figured out how to get class limitations ingame!

I strongly suggest that the FH team look into this little jewel and figure out how they did it. As greatly discussed before, it would add a hell of alot to gameplay, realism and ballance.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Errrr.....if they put 2 sniper kits in the map, like it is now they achieve the same thing....

Both methods have the same drawbacks : if they are in use, no go.

Maybe you mean the amount of available sniperclass is dynamic, and increases if the amount of players increases too. But i don't think we want more then 2 snipers a side in any map in any circumstances, or the mg will be again useless forgotten weapons.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

It can be used with any class tho. Im not sure if its dynamic or not, i havnt had time to test it.

I was thinking more along the lines of engineers or MGs. Snipers are fine the way they are now.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

err why not do both.

SpiderGoat

Nel mezzo del cammin

50 XP

5th December 2003

0 Uploads

4,050 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Er, McGibs, ever played DOD? On beach maps (and others) they have/had a limitation on the number of snipers. I already suggested that they could limit the number of panzerfausters this way.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
SpiderGoatEr, McGibs, ever played DOD? On beach maps (and others) they have/had a limitation on the number of snipers. I already suggested that they could limit the number of panzerfausters this way.

Ya, but no one believed it was possible. And I am not sure if it is possible, any confirmation.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

I can confirm this too i played SH and it does have class limits.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Big deal, all its going to do is piss someone off when the stupid thing doesnt let you spawn with the kit you want. Then your going to have people who wont spawn until they get the kit they like.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Half the ideas people come up with the response from some is almost always "not without an SDK".. Just 'cos that person doesn't know how to do it, doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible.. There are a lot of bright people working on these mods and the boundaries appear to be moving all the time. (It's just easy I guess to blame DICE/EA and say "no way with no SDK". ;) ).

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

i want SPAWN class limit like DoD, but i still want to be able to change classes on the fly if i can find the kit on the ground