D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']I really prefer putting limited number of spawnable kits rather then class-restriction

Yeah - I agree with that - I prefer the kit pickup idea, much more flexible.

Saruman

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

78 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

This also the problem in SH..... i played as sniper every time when i died i can respawn as sniper again and again till an mate picked up the kit after i died.

I think the pickup grabbing is a better solution than the class restriction.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']\ I really prefer putting limited number of spawnable kits rather then class-restriction

For once i agree with you.....

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

but pick up kits are fixed, while the class restriction is flexible. so on a 60 man-server, you still have 2 kits of engineers, while you would need 10 or so. Wich would mean that you have to make maps for 30 players, 40 players etc. Or maybe you have to come up with a system similar to the valerisk vehicle spawn.

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I agree, and I'm going offtopic to the extreme here (their forums are in Finnish or something). I love the damage system, where your view dims as you lose health. That's a really practical and great system.

I absolutely *hate* that. I end up switching OPQ mode on my monitor to overcome it somewhat. Its just a really fkin annoying feature. I'm sure in real life you would do more than squint in pain, yet you can still hop about like a grease menkeh in-game.

This is the point when realism becomes to be a pain, much like the joint bending n stuff you had to do in the game Tresspasser in order to aim your gun. Quite a revolutionary game that. Never managed to find a copy of it :( perhaps someone will post it to the win95 group someday..

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#36 17 years ago

Who says the SH system is flexible? Afaik, they just slapped a selection limit on it in the menu files or something... Not very flexible sounding to me.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#37 17 years ago

so, where'd we hear about this limitation of the fausts thing? I'm curious about it and I'd like to see the official info on it.