jmrwacko

Official Battlefield Reporter

50 XP

6th August 2003

0 Uploads

125 Posts

0 Threads

#31 17 years ago

all I gotta say about class limits and pilot class is.....

FH TEAM YOU ROXOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!

this mod is gonna be better than dod, its gonna be awesome. PLEASE don't listen to these people who don't want class limits, PLEASE make class limits, then you can add ANY CLASS YOU WANT without overuse or unrealism, its fukin awesome!!! Do away with filthy "arcade action" and bring on real gameplay woot

CaPtAnInSaYnO

wankasaurus wrex

50 XP

17th October 2003

0 Uploads

292 Posts

0 Threads

#32 17 years ago

how did they limit classes without the sdk?

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#33 17 years ago

lol we didn't.

When I spoke of limiting classes I meant the ability to limit a class by spawning it as a kit. We can do this with /any/ class if we want to.

I mean the only way right now to totally limit classes would be to put five of the same kit in the spawn menu. A basic kit, and then spawn the rest. However we didn't think that'd be at all necessary, nor well liked.

However we can limit the classes that are overpowering, like the support classes on some maps. Some maps it's fine on, like El AL and large open maps like that. But if I'd left the support kit in on Stalingrad it would have been hell. :P

Zab

BROtastic

50 XP

30th March 2003

0 Uploads

8,186 Posts

0 Threads

#34 17 years ago

i heard somewhere that EA/Dice would be releasing an SDK...and if they did, how would it improve FH(things you could do with it)? just a question....dont know much about modding or anything, pretty much just a player and FH fan.

B.F. Pierce

FHmod Mapper

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

763 Posts

0 Threads

#35 17 years ago

don't know what we could do with it. It depends on how good of an SDK it is.

And no SDK doesn't necessarily mean source, it's a toolset that allows you to edit things you normally wouldn't.

If it's a really really good toolset that lets us modify a lot (including source) then the sky's the limit.