Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#41 15 years ago

Pistols (well, MOST pistols) are fine in the game. They're plenty useful up close I've found. With, of course, the exception of the Nambu which might as well be a pellet gun for all the damage it does.

The Tokarev, P38, Colt, and No.2 are great. I do think range should be calculated more, though. Last night I plugged a guy at, probably, 50m or so with my No.2 and killed him in one shot. That just sort of seems wrong to me.

And here's another request. Can we PLEASE give the japanese SLIGHTLY better equipment? I know we're trying to make this historically accurate, but JESUS they have some crap gear. About the only useful stuff they have are planes (which will be nerfed somewhat in 0.6) and ships (which hardly ever come into play since we're usually playing land-based maps). Small arms for them suck, armor for them sucks, ground support weapons for them suck, etc. It's really no fun playing against the Americans once they get semi-auto rifles and such. They simply demolish all opposition. There has to be SOME consideration for balance.

As I've said before, realism is great, but when realism overcomes the fun factor, it ceases to be great. I don't like playing maps that are foregone conclusions. It seems rather pointless to me.

At the very least, it'd be good to give the Japanese a tactical advantage in terms of placement and availability of vehicles. If you're figuring even teams on most servers, the Japanese are more often than not going to get slaughtered in any later war map.

hawkeye47x

death by eXpak

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#42 15 years ago

i dunno, but it sure seems to me that the 1911 should have the most power and accuracy of all the pistols, and in my experiences (in game) the tt33 and especially the no. 2 are more powerful but, i don't think the no. 2 is overpowered by any means, and i think that the no. 2's power and accuracy should set the standard for the rest of the pistols in game

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#43 15 years ago

Ive taken out careless players with pistols thousands of times, it pretty gratifying too :)

they look at you kinda funny when you run at them with a pistol, after 2-3 shots their down, and the T33 and No.2 just rule, but for plain fun...Id take the Colt any day :nodding: its a AT infantrymans best friend, apart from the zooka :D

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#44 15 years ago
el banditoLOL, and here was me using my No. 2 for long-range sniping.

lol, you know the No.2 dosen't count. That's a rifle with a pistol skin.