AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I get the feeling that newcomers to FH community have a very hard time being accepted in these forums.

Most devs don't have the time to look after every post and in every thread to filter out the aggressive contents. Some people in here seem not to understand that what they do is harming Forgotten Hope in a way we can't control anymore. If this doesn't stop we will come here more often and really regulate the freedom of speech when this freedom means to express every dumb thought and flame some people in here have. We have lost many community members because of imature comments of old "fans". Just accept them and be open for their ideas, dont bully them out of our forums.

If this doesnt stop we really will take action and doing all this moderator stuff, we will be kinda slower with producing 6.2.

We WANT criticism. We NEED whiners to some amount. If it's reasonable criticism why not just hear it and try to improve it.

This is an appeal and a warning. We have to hold together and let our community grow. I don't wanna see one person leave this community again because of fans calling him "noob" or "whiner" and telling him that he should go play another mod instead.. without good reason.

Just treat everyone in here with respect, and if they don't behave like complete idiots, let them have a nice stay.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I sign this petition 100%, if we are forced to browse more the forum to control this unaceptable behaviour we will waste valuable time to work in our beloved mod.

Now we need the support of our fans, be friendly with the new people in this community.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I try to help out as much as I can. I'll occasionally call them a noob, but it's not meant as an insult. I think the problem lies in people who post ridiculous things that are easily resolvable by reading the manual or even playing the mod for a day. I don't flame anyone (especically after my ban) but others do and then things get out of hand.

I think the very minimum requirement for posting should be "Has Read The Manual", but that's just my opinion.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

There's no reason to flame the hell out of someone even if they are bashing what we all know to be a fantastic mod. If the devs have thick enough skins not to care, why do some people here take it so very personally?

And if someone just makes a stupid comment or asks an obvious question, god help them sometimes. Who cares? Answer it or leave it, its the sign of someone really aggressive and/or sad who just has to jump on every single person who asks them what they consider to be a stupid question. I hope nobody here works a tourist board or anything, they'd probably start lashing out every time someone asks them the way to Buckingham Palace or the Washington Monument or whatever. Nobody here has to answer, if you think it's a silly question, just leave it.

The only things we hurt when we flame away are the devs and the long term prospects of the mod. We already have a reputation for one of the most unfriendly communities in BF, and you can't say that considering the mod is now a gigabyte in size that that doesn't have a bearing on how many people download it.

There's just no reason to flame when you can just shut up and let a mod close the thread if it's offensive, or make a constructive reply. I've not been here long, I know, but I think what AceS is talking about is right on the money. This really should stop, or this mod will die as surely as if the next release was put back a year.

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Hey, I'm a newcomer.. Haven't been flamed so far though..

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

flame @cool jk but yea i have noticed that theres is a bit of NEWBIES come on to the forums (NOT N00BS )hey the more people that play fh the better imo :)

oh yea im back hoora !!!!

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
silent assassinflame @cool jk but yea i have noticed that theres is a bit of NEWBIES come on to the forums (NOT N00BS )hey the more people that play fh the better imo :) oh yea im back hoora !!!!

Difference of newbie and n00b: Situation: Accidentally TK'ing a teammate. newbie says: omg, srry man, my bad.. n00b: AHAHAAH LOLOLLOL, SO FUNNY!!!!11!!1 WTF, U WENT UP SO HIGH LMAO HAHAHAHA LOLOLOLOL, I WANT DO IT [email="AG!AIN!!@!111!@3214%$"]AG!AIN!!@!111!@3214%$[/email] What has the world come to..:rolleyes:

Von_Rundstedt

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

How about not using the term "n00b" at all, and instead actually help the "beginners" (which is a much better word to use imho). We were all beginners at some point, so show some respect.

Von Rundstedt

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

pepole should try to be nice when some one comes with some critisms or question and not say "look in the fucking manual you tard!"