rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#621 14 years ago

after playing the WWII mod from ea i relized that its not worth porting to. mainly because of image quality. the ported weapons look worse than bf1942. yes more features are possible but image quality is just worse in my opinion. even with the highest settings. thank god the team hasent decided to port. i now regret saying how cool it would be for fh to port. :uhm:

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#622 14 years ago

Welcome to the good side :)

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#623 14 years ago

The bad image quality of the WW2 weapons is simply because DICE couldn´t be bothered to use the bumb-mapping correctly. Instead it just gives everything a cheesy plastic look.

If the FH Devs got their hads on it, they could sure make some very decent skins with bump-mapping that don´t look like plastic-toy soldiers.

A real negative for me is simply that if FH ported to BFV (which it will not) we wouldn´t have any 64 player battles for quite a while. BFV just requires far to much serverpower, especially compared to BF 1942. Thats why the largest Servers today host a maximum of 40 players effectivly. Its so obvius that this game was rushed and didn´t experiance any finetuning in those 15 months of development...

Skavees

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

4th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#624 14 years ago

Yeah im kind of with rice crispies on this one...im sure it was dice's job but still im sorry but the mod sucks just as much as bfv. everything just looks like crap. And worse it lags.

Agret

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd September 2005

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#625 14 years ago

After reading all 26 pages of replies to this thread I can state this: About half of the posts here are mindless dribble. There are a few decent arguments and rebutles about porting BFV when people aren't carry on like headless chooks about how they hate BFV and EA etc etc. If your going to post. Post something intelligent and mature. Now, on with the real discussion. I am for porting to BFV, if what Hydoslav is correct then the FH team could probaly do a total conversion in 6 to 8 weeks, not that long at all. I know a few people that have done coding and map making for BF1942 and after asking a few question relating to the physics engine, coding and by playinf BFV and FH I do know that: 1. The BFV code is virtually the same as Bf1942. If you can code for '42 then BFV isn't a problem. There of course are probaly going to be minor changes regarding the fact that its a newer engine however it would be nothing hard to learn. 2. The physics engine for BFV also allows infantry to have different physics between classes. I couldn't entirely understand how this worked but I gathered that different infantry classes could move faster or slower. With the BFV 1.1 patch out this was implemented with the scout being the fastest class and the AT class being the slowest. I can see this having numerous advantages in FH and also allow the weapon weights to be reflected upon more. 3. People here are disagreeing about porting BFV. I don't think its a matter of if but when. There are alot of die hard FH fans out there. I can see FH becoming a another DC in terms of success and popularity. If the FH term want to ensure the survival and success of the mod then it will get ported, no matter how many people complain, because in the long run it will pay off. 4. If the FH team really want to see if a port to BFV will be supportted why don't they do a complete conversion of several maps, release it and then let the FH community decide? All they have to do is pick five or six popular maps and port them with some added features like towing and being able to fire out of vehicles. If the FH community likes is impressed by it then that'll be the starting ground for a complete port to BFV. 5. Alot of people here have been complaining about how BFV doesn't run well on there system and that it lags out when there more then 32 players. Shit happens. I was playing the WWII mod today and I did find that my FPS would drop quite badly during some gun fights or when tanking. (normally it is rarely laggy). I came to realise that mods overall seem to have a bigger drain on systems resources the regular game, this is probaly due to unoptimised code. This got me thinking even more, if the WWII mod can cause me to lag out, then I wonder how laggy FH would be? So I think that people complaining about performance issues do have some substantive evidence, but more experimentation and obseration will need to be done before there is any conclusions made. 5. What made FH really great was the great 64 player servers that would have massive battles. With 40+ players FH really stood out and seemed even better then vanilla BF1942. If it is ported I can see that FH will loose this ability because BFV can't support as many players. I do hope that this might change if EA/DICE improve the netcode in future patches. Just a final note: Kingrudolf I really enjoy playing on that Berlin 1945 outskirts map that you made. I hope you continue to make some more great maps for FH.

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#626 14 years ago

flake2m, ea/dice might as well recall bfv. fuck the future patches. :lol:

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#627 14 years ago
If the FH term want to ensure the survival and success of the mod then it will get ported

Hydraslave said the same thing at the beginnin of this arguement months ago. He was wrong, dead wrong. New FH servers appear more and more every day, so your wrong.

What made FH really great was the great 64 player servers that would have massive battles.

Thats not what made FH great. Realism made FH great.

I do hope that this might change if EA/DICE improve the netcode in future patches.

Why convert to a game that has a shit netcode, and hope that its shity money hungry developers will fix it, perhaps in 2 year or so?

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#628 14 years ago
Stealth3Why convert to a game that has a shit netcode, and hope that its shity money hungry developers will fix it, perhaps in 2 year or so?

Because DC started modding for the shitty engine that lagged at that time twice more then it does now, had serious SB problems and didn't even have any of the features, such as the hit indicator (yes, i am talking about the v1.1 of vanilla BF); but look at DC now: it's a benchmark for all other mods (and i am not talking about gameplay or balance, i am talking about the mod quality/completeness) It's called something "planning ahead"... a term you seem to be unfamiliar with since for you it's always "right now, and only now" This discussion is obsolete now, since the time is already lost: BFV already has several WWII mods, so if FH enters that market, it will be once again already saturated (one of the key points of entering the BFV market was to get into a new unsaturated market, but now it's too late). However, i will continue to defend all my points, since most of them go well with reasons for porting to BF2. You, on the other hand, is just a stuborn "anti-everything". What's wrong? Are you afraid you will never get a newer computer so you want to stay on BF's outdated engine forever?

Skavees

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

4th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#629 14 years ago

Hey hydra have you tried the new dice ww2 mod?

[SYN] hydraSlav

SYNERGY Member

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

2,372 Posts

0 Threads

#630 14 years ago
SkaveesHey hydra have you tried the new dice ww2 mod?

Not yet, i haven't been playing anything for 3-4 months... too busy at work. But it's my priority "to-do" list :D