Skavees

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

4th April 2004

0 Uploads

151 Posts

0 Threads

#631 15 years ago
'[SYN hydraSlav']Not yet, i haven't been playing anything for 3-4 months... too busy at work. But it's my priority "to-do" list :D

Well it sucks...

Lionsdale

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th September 2003

0 Uploads

64 Posts

0 Threads

#632 15 years ago

Sorry for the late reply...........After playing the BF V wwii mod from dice... i gotta say... Start porting baby... bf1942 is good and all and you put alot of effort into making it better.. but BFV is the future... improved graphics and such... please take some consideration into porting

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#633 15 years ago

nah bfv is dead, wait for bf2 and hope it doesnt suck

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#634 15 years ago
LionsdaleSorry for the late reply...........After playing the BF V wwii mod from dice... i gotta say... Start porting baby... bf1942 is good and all and you put alot of effort into making it better.. but BFV is the future... improved graphics and such... please take some consideration into porting

ive played it the first day it came out. and havent played it since. its good that ea/dice made a free mod for us but they claim they have taken full avantage of the new engine which is a big fat lie! :mad: all the mod is a direct port to bfv. weapons are not reskinned. the best weapon is in is the no4 sniper riffle. and the m1 garrand is just shit. not to mention the flamethrower that causes a big fps drop.

i would support porting to bfv is it wasent the graphics engine. i really dont like the fog in bfv. it either limits severly distances. or if there is low for you can see straigh through the map.

but since point of existence came out i must say i am impressed. they did a great job in modding especially since its their first release. now if fh ported the devs would have to reskin/ re-animate the weapons, maps vehicles aircraft etc etc. thats a sh!tload of work for the devs. but it if they did port which i doubt, the bfv engine wouldnt be soo overloaded.

i mean look at how long it takes to load a fh map. compare it with a bfv map. and notice the big difference. the bf1942 engine is really overworked. cant believe it takes longer to load a fh map then a bfv map. and not to mention the difference of timing when you campare when you hit esc to go to main menu. loading times in fh takes way longer to load then bfv. even poe!

so i say leave fh where it is and close this useless argument. if theyre is going to be a port is should be bf2. im impressed with the trailers.

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#635 15 years ago
bf1942 engine is really overworked. cant believe it takes longer to load a fh map then a bfv map.

The fact is you cant compare any dice map with a fh map. Dice maps are plain while FH maps have all sorts of eye candy and small stuff in it. For example Battle of Orel, they have a huge city, a house with a fire next to it that burns if you touch it. Stuff like that. Also FH has 4 times as many tanks, weapons, and vehicles in a map.

rice_crispies

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#636 15 years ago
Stealth3The fact is you cant compare any dice map with a fh map. Dice maps are plain while FH maps have all sorts of eye candy and small stuff in it. For example Battle of Orel, they have a huge city, a house with a fire next to it that burns if you touch it. Stuff like that. Also FH has 4 times as many tanks, weapons, and vehicles in a map.

well no shit. are they really hard to find? *slaps you*

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#637 15 years ago

Seeing as how FH team has more or less officially decided that they will not be converting to the BF:v engine, the fact that this discussion is more or less not about it's original subject anymore and the recent cries for cleaning the stickies up, this thread will now become 'unstuck'. (It's no longer sticky.)

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#638 15 years ago

As I always say....

Lockedy Lock

terminal-strike

terminal-strike

50 XP

6th May 2004

0 Uploads

2,313 Posts

0 Threads

#639 15 years ago

Is there a chance of 'FHV' demo for the vietnam ww2 mod? I dont' mean to convert, as the target now is BF2 of course, but just a test map for example FH's wake island map.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#640 15 years ago

That would be interesting, but I doupt we´d see it.

After all we´re to buisy crying for more...