Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#31 16 years ago

I say you take out nosecam. In my opinion this will make noobs think twice before hopping in a plane and crashing it 10 seconds later. Crashing a plane could cause a team to lose since if I am not mistaken respawns in FH will be long. No nosecam also of course makes the game more realistic.

Anyone else here play 201st teamplayer? Its my favorite server.

irishstag

forty-two.

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#32 16 years ago

Damn, I haven't played there in ages... Maybe this weekend :)

Oh, and beautiful ****pits, AceS ;)

Robthezombie/mk.2

#1 Canadian Psychopath

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,693 Posts

0 Threads

#33 16 years ago

I say keep the nose view , the n00bs will still take the planes. Do you think they'll just give up ? HA! That would be nice wouldn't it?

No without the nose view there will just be a whole lot more crashes.

Besides the visibility in a schlongpit view is minimal.

I hope you're keeping the external though since im gonna need that when flying transports.

AND CHANGE THE DAMN CENSOR THINGIE!:mad:

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#34 16 years ago

I say leave nosecam on because theres no point of view control to look around with.

Usually in games that have nosecam disabled (Aces High), I would roll my plane upside down, and look up so I can see. I think you can look up in BF but I am not sure. The thing is to look up you can to use your mouse...instead of buttons on joystick. It would be lame to keep reaching for mouse just to look around....

Of course I would love it if people had to stare at my La-7 C0ckpit the whole time :D

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#35 16 years ago

What about this: The nosecam stays, but in the default serversettings, it is disabled, so nosecam is only allowed when the server really wants that.

Malsa

FH developer

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

252 Posts

0 Threads

#36 16 years ago

Hartmann, it sounds reasonable (still I'd prefer 100% internal view) but in that case remove the crosshair when in nosecam view like in s9rm.

But I'm still going for c0ckpit view only because:

1. More realism. 2. It makes the dogfights more intense and harder again cause you have to master the plane with a c0ckpit. 3. More likely that people also would consider a tank or going infantry instead of just being airborne. 4. A lot of hard work wouldn't just be thrown away.

Of course I know that more people will crash but everybody also did that in the wake-demo so it will eventually disappear by time. People also learned how to fly DC choppers which are even harder.

And yes, more people would probably also use them for transport. But maybe if you change some parts of the para-code people maybe wouldn't chose to parachute that often. Like that you would have to fall much longer and also have to chute much more earlier.

D4rk Phoenix

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

9th May 2003

0 Uploads

5 Posts

0 Threads

#37 16 years ago

vote the ****pit thread the years funniest!:lol:

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#38 16 years ago
Originally posted by Major Hartmann What about this: The nosecam stays, but in the default serversettings, it is disabled, so nosecam is only allowed when the server really wants that.

Great idea Major